Clothing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
are you making fun of my freakishly large rib cage?

lol....no, instead I have concern about everyone else's chest-waist increase vs. your drop.

Members don't see this ad.

Though... Cole Haan seems to be a subsidary of Nike and I try and boycott Nike because of issues to do with human rights abuses of people working in Nike factories... There has been a recent move with DM's such that some (but not all) are being manufactured back in the UK. Insofar as that is a relevant consideration...

Members don't see this ad :)
Supposed to?????

Aren't Nike's 'supposed to' be these:

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/01/0125_nike/image/2_aj_01.jpg

I have a hard time picturing the shoes I linked to as being an icon of counter-culture movement...

Maybe it is a personal taste thing but I really like the basic shape of them (especially bump toes).

I wear them quite happily with dress pants and find them comfortable (with wide toes and little arch support) which are great for my old feet injuries. Can mix them up a little too (cherry / oxblood is kind of distinctive but nice with pinstripe IMHO) but then... Maybe I'm a little alternative in a conservative kinda way... Just whatever you do don't do the 'skinny pants' thing you want them a little flared so they sit nicely around your shoes without bagging... Probably personal taste...

Ah. I see. I take back 'they aren't so much associated with counter-culture outside the US' and replace it with 'they aren't so much associated with counter-culture in Australasia'. Sure counter-culture people wear them... But they probably wear pants, too, but wearing pants similarly isn't associated with counter-culture movement. I just meant to say that I've seen a number of non neo nazi / alternative / counterculture types (appreciating they are quite different things) wear them and I personally think that some of their more modern styles can look quite dressy. They have a wearing in period, to be sure, but really comfortable for me once worn in. Nice wide toes (have old leg injuries) and no arch support (which is wonderful for me). Probably a throw back since high school. Had a pair of docs ever since I was 16 and can't quite bear to part with them (and no I wasn't a neo-nazi) :)

Ah. I see. I take back 'they aren't so much associated with counter-culture outside the US' and replace it with 'they aren't so much associated with counter-culture in Australasia'. Sure counter-culture people wear them... But they probably wear pants, too, but wearing pants similarly isn't associated with counter-culture movement. I just meant to say that I've seen a number of non neo nazi / alternative / counterculture types (appreciating they are quite different things) wear them and I personally think that some of their more modern styles can look quite dressy. They have a wearing in period, to be sure, but really comfortable for me once worn in. Nice wide toes (have old leg injuries) and no arch support (which is wonderful for me). Probably a throw back since high school. Had a pair of docs ever since I was 16 and can't quite bear to part with them (and no I wasn't a neo-nazi) :)
LOL, don't fret. Even the former pope got a pair. Special ordered with gold laces.

what? no one with a freaky chest waist drop? Fine, back to the tailor...