Clinical & Volunteer Experience for Postbac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kailey18

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am from the Philippines and earned my bachelor's degree from one of our top local universities. I am interested in applying for premed postbac for fall 2017 and would like to start working on the required experiences asap. I was just wondering do any of you know what is the recommended number of hours and frequency for clinical/medical experience, volunteer experience and research if I'm aiming to get in top premed postbac programs such as those those in Columbia, Johns Hopkins, UCSF, Bryn Mawr, Upenn, Fordham and Harvard Extension?

Would appreciate any response! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

One important question: are you a dual citizen or hold a permanent Green card? Most post-pac programs you listed except for Columbia do not accept international students since they cannot issue you I-20.

One important question: are you a dual citizen or hold a permanent Green card? Most post-pac programs you listed except for Columbia do not accept international students since they cannot issue you I-20.

Yes, I am dual citizen!

Is it true that at least 2 years of clinical experience is recommended before applying to premed postbac? Thanks!

Last edited: