Clinical trial compensation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CAres2019

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is customary for clinical trial compensation in the community/hospital based employment? Is it by time? Or is it by patient enrolled and/or trial opened?

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t really understand the question.

All 4 healthcare organizations that I have insight into ban paying physicians for enrolling patients in clinical trials as it is a bit of a moral hazard.

My old job gave me a tiny bonus for each trial I got opened as the local PI, up to $3K a year.

I did it because I liked it and it was good for my patients.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t really understand the question.

All 4 healthcare organizations that I have insight into ban paying physicians for enrolling patients in clinical trials as it is a bit of a moral hazard.

My old job gave me a tiny bonus for each trial I got opened as the local PI, up to $3K a year.

I did it because I liked it and it was good for my patients.
Ok but I think your organization(s) probably received compensation on a per patient basis didn’t they? I think that might’ve been the question but I agree kinda confusing.

Ok but I think your organization(s) probably received compensation on a per patient basis didn’t they? I think that might’ve been the question but I agree kinda confusing.
Well of course. But that's not money for the physicians. That's money to cover the costs of administering the trial. Contrary to popular belief, clinical trials aren't really a profit center for most institutions and cooperative group trials are almost universally money losing.

Reactions: 1 user