Clinical Social Dynamics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abc2

Reaction score
Deleted.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's difficult to ascertain from what you just wrote why you're treated differently than the other student. Since you said you worked there before, the Attending may have recognized you and is treating you more friendlier than that. Just by paying more attention does not equate flirting. As for myself, heck yes I'll tell more jokes to the person who is responsive, but if my students aren't laughing at my jokes I'm failing them, it was written quite clearly in the course objectives.

Unfortunately working with people and leaving them is part of what you'll be doing and life in general really. You'll work patients, residents, colleagues, etc and leave them all at some time. You'll keep in touch with the ones who were a big part of your life, and you may end up probably marrying one of 'em. Our social spheres do not extend out beyond school and work until later on in life. But to be fair, I may be a little different. Was a military brat and ALWAYS on the move, had to learn to make friends many times over.

As an Attending many years out, I still keep in contact with my old Attendings when I was a wee little third year student. In fact, some have come and worked for me :-D