Clinical Rotations in Phoenix, Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fitzchivalry

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm about to begin rotations and only just learning what to expect from them; so I hope I'm asking the right questions. I have the choice to rotate in Phoenix, Arizona or in Chicago.
Has anyone done their rotations in Arizona? Specifically at the Mountain Vista Medical Center and St. Luke's Medical Center? What were your experiences at these hospitals and would you recommend them? Did you have a lot of activity or were some of your experiences more passive? Are the number of students small, or big? How easy is it to be able to build connections and try to do things you're interested in learning?

How have these hospitals compared to other places you may have been to? Any lacks?

Lastly, a general question on rotations; what are some concepts or skills you'd recommend to brush up on before going? Is there anything you think I need to have on my person other than a stethoscope? Are you really examining/diagnosing/recommending treatment on day 1? Any advice would be appreciated, I really don't know what to be expecting. I kinda feel like a naive student up for slaughter.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you get any answers to these Qs? I have similar qs and also considering rotating in Chicago.