Clinical research buddy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hanu23

Reaction score
Hello Happy new year All!

I am into Clinical research industry since 9 yrs and now moved to USA! I have master's in Clinical research and bachelors in biotechnology, looking for PhD admissions now! Is phd in public health or epidemiology is worth? Which institutes are good for PhD ?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Hanu23-
Welcome to SDN! Glad to have you here.

I am into Clinical research industry since 9 yrs and now moved to USA! I have master's in Clinical research and bachelors in biotechnology, looking for PhD admissions now! Is phd in public health or epidemiology is worth? Which institutes are good for PhD ?

there are lots of different fields for phds that could be useful for clinical research.

from the public health side, a phd in epidemiology or biostats would be good for clinical research. some programs even have a focus on clinical research. which one would depend on what you’re interested in doing and what you want your focus to be ie cancer research or something else. other more basic science degrees or things like pharmacology or clinical and translational science phds.

Do you want to be leading clinical trials or doing research that has you in a laboratory, or do you want to be doing something like analyzing genomic data or doing statistical analysis to support clinical research studies

which universities are good for a phd will depend on what you decide to focus on, some places have a stronger focus on things like infectious disease epidemiology or environmental health, while others are stronger with chronic disease epidemiology. some have stronger ties to industryor medical centers than others.

Members don't see this ad :)

It depends on what you want to do. What are your goals?