Clinical Pathology Fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSTP18

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
In contrast to the ubiquity of the surgical path fellowships, it seems like a lot of the big institutions don't offer many of the CP fellowships. Is that because the CP fellowships aren't necessary? If they are necessary, is it bad to go to a residency program that doesn't even offer the fellowship (let alone being known for having a great fellowship)? Is the CP job market just that much worse than the AP market?

Members don't see this ad.

Private groups don't typically want to pay someone to do CP only, because it doesn't reimburse. If you're big enough, you could, but even then most people would have to do other things also, unless the lab is so big.

Reactions: 1 user
Private groups don't typically want to pay someone to do CP only, because it doesn't reimburse. If you're big enough, you could, but even then most people would have to do other things also, unless the lab is so big.
What if I'm more interested in academia?

Members don't see this ad :)
Then it helps. But a lot of chemistry, micro labs are run by PhDs, not MDs. It can vary though.
Thanks for the help. Hoping the fact that I've got both will definitely give me a leg up :)