clinical or basic research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gonius

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
MSI here looking to do some research to look "competitive" for radiology RD's.
Should I do clinical or basic research? What really matters? How much I publish, if I can get nitty gritty with a radiologist with connections, etc...? Anyone have any insight for a lowly MSI?

Also are clubs and organizations important? I know the AMCAS had like 15 spaces to fill for extracurriculars, is the ERAS like that?

Members don't see this ad.

thanks in advance. I know it's a lot of questions.

gonius said:
MSI here looking to do some research to look "competitive" for radiology RD's.
Should I do clinical or basic research? What really matters? How much I publish, if I can get nitty gritty with a radiologist with connections, etc...? Anyone have any insight for a lowly MSI?

Also are clubs and organizations important? I know the AMCAS had like 15 spaces to fill for extracurriculars, is the ERAS like that?

Hold up....

You are trying to do too much and will spread yourself thin. You only have 2 goals for the 1st two years.

1. Do a radiology research project between 1st and 2nd year summer break.
2. Study Review books with each class in medical school. Your goal is to get an exceptional Step 1 score.

Extracurricular activities are like icing on the cake. Without the cake (high Step 1 scores and rads research) icing has no purpose.

p53 said:
Hold up....

Extracurricular activities are like icing on the cake. Without the cake (high Step 1 scores and rads research) icing has no purpose.

Very well said.....I like it.