Clinical Neuropsychology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PublicHealth

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that a few people mentioned clinical neuropsychology in other posts so I thought I'd start a new thread. Anyone have any information about this growing field?

From what I know, you need to get a PhD or PsyD in clinical psychology, preferably at a school where you can do research in neuropsychology (U of Florida comes to mind). Then, you need to do a 2-year postdoctoral fellowship/residency in clinical neuropsychology (U of Chicago comes to mind). There are some good websites out there, but I'd be curious to know if anyone is currently in the process and could offer some advice/suggestions.

What are the career prospects for a clinical neuropsychologist?

What are some respected graduate programs?

Thank you!

PH

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not a clinical neuropsychologist, a student of neuropsychology (or psychology) for that matter, but I went on the web to search for your query. I don't know how respected this program is, but I figure that since the Mayo Clinic is good in medicine, then they might be good in neuropsychology. Here is what I found:

http://www.mayo.edu/mgsm/jcnpsyo.htm