Clinical experience ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idci

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDNers,

I have been working with children with neurodevelopmental disorders (like autism, Down syndrome, epilepsy, etc) as a behavior interventionist for more than a year now, and I am wondering if it counts as clinical experience. I usually go to the children's homes and schools every week. While I am there, I work on their social skills (like social eye contacts, danger/safety, toilet training, washing hand, etc.) and take data. Even though I am close enough to "smell" the children, my company calls the children our "clients" (not patient).

Since I do have more than 1000 of hours, I think it would look great if it is clinical experience (?). Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi SDNers,

I have been working with children with neurodevelopmental disorders (like autism, Down syndrome, epilepsy, etc) as a behavior interventionist for more than a year now, and I am wondering if it counts as clinical experience. I usually go to the children's homes and schools every week. While I am there, I work on their social skills (like social eye contacts, danger/safety, toilet training, washing hand, etc.) and take data. Even though I am close enough to "smell" the children, my company calls the children our "clients" (not patient).

Since I do have more than 1000 of hours, I think it would look great if it is clinical experience (?). Thank you for your time.

If it were me, I would mark this as clinical experience on my app.

Same. Doesn't really matter what the company calls them, in my opinion. I worked with "subjects" rather than patients in clinical research for a year, and the work I was doing was 100% clinical. You're working with an underserved population that presents unique challenges. And you're doing it face to face. Mark that ish down as clinical!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi SDNers,

Absolutely! !!!!