Clinical Evaluations and Residency Evaluations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One way to de-rig the GHHS voting system is to ask students to vote for both whom they think deserves GHHS, and also those who do not. The people trying to rig the system will likely be identified there.

Members don't see this ad.

One way to de-rig the GHHS voting system is to ask students to vote for both whom they think deserves GHHS, and also those who do not. The people trying to rig the system will likely be identified there.

How? People will just vote for their friends to be deserving and some random other person/people to not be.

How? People will just vote for their friends to be deserving and some random other person/people to not be.
Yeah. I volunteer at the free clinic and do interpreting or clinician shifts every week for 8 hours, but I'm not super extroverted. I'm nice to people but have 2 good friends in my class. Didn't ask for any nominations. Didn't get any. I don't think I'm a gold human or whatever or that I deserve the "award" because of that, but definitely am more deserving of people in my class who haven't done an hour of volunteering or do-good stuff since their premed days. Also plenty of extroverted people who do lots of great things that didn't get in because they weren't in the right friend groups. It's a trash group IMO.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I assumed that the people who actually go around and try to rig the system by having their friends vote for them would be the same people that everyone else thinks is a jerk and would vote against them. But maybe not.

I guess I assumed that the people who actually go around and try to rig the system by having their friends vote for them would be the same people that everyone else thinks is a jerk and would vote against them. But maybe not.
there's no voting "against". Only for at my school.

Ime the people who tend to do that kind of stuff actually also happen to be fairly popular anyway. I just think any society where you’re in or out based on how many classmates vote for you shouldn’t be taken seriously in any sort of application process.