This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TXres1

Reaction score
So I have a really tough road ahead. I graduated with a BS Kinesiology in 2012.
cGPA: 2.68
But I retook some classes at a community college and got B’s (chems and physics) but gpa in community college is a 3.0.
I then went to vocational school to become an X-ray tech and hated it the first day we started clinical rotations, but might as well see it through right? Well needless to say doing what you love is most important to me (aka PT) and I’ve been looking into options of what I can do.
Some have suggested I go to a different university and transfer all my credits to get another bachelors degree. Others told me to get a masters from the university I graduated. Some told me to do a post baccalaureate, apply for pt and work on a masters while I wait at the same university.
Based on my gpa it would take 2 years (12-17 credits/semester including relevant courses available summer and winter sessions) of straight A’s to meet the minimum 3.0.
I found a program I could possibly have a shot in, such as the one at St Augustine. What do you guys suggest because I could really use some advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My advice is to follow your passion and work extremely hard to accomplish this. You will need to figure out the best method for you to take the amount of classes it will take to raise your GPA to above the minimum because yes without the GPA your application will immediately be tossed out because there are just too many good applicants these days. What I recommend is looking at schools that are of interest and calling them to ask what are things they recommend for you in your specific situation. Typically they should be very straight with you and if they aren't, than maybe thats a sign about them. Just my advice because its all so different with everyone but invest time in making everything on your application show you want this.

Reactions: 1 user
So I have a really tough road ahead. I graduated with a BS Kinesiology in 2012.
cGPA: 2.68
But I retook some classes at a community college and got B’s (chems and physics) but gpa in community college is a 3.0.
I then went to vocational school to become an X-ray tech and hated it the first day we started clinical rotations, but might as well see it through right? Well needless to say doing what you love is most important to me (aka PT) and I’ve been looking into options of what I can do.
Some have suggested I go to a different university and transfer all my credits to get another bachelors degree. Others told me to get a masters from the university I graduated. Some told me to do a post baccalaureate, apply for pt and work on a masters while I wait at the same university.
Based on my gpa it would take 2 years (12-17 credits/semester including relevant courses available summer and winter sessions) of straight A’s to meet the minimum 3.0.
I found a program I could possibly have a shot in, such as the one at St Augustine. What do you guys suggest because I could really use some advice?

Dont underestimate the relevance of diversity and experience your past might bring to a PT program which is a consideration by faculty I am sure. There are many schools that look at the last 60 units or only pre req gpa or they have a lower than 3.0 gpa requirement. Do the research look for those schools, make sure your GRE is very high and your clinical hours are very high and I think you have a shot.