Cleveland Clinic doc goes anti-vax

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

northernpsy

Psychiatrist. No, I'm not analyzing you
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In a striking display of anti-science fear-mongering, the Cleveland Clinic's Daniel Neides, MD, medical director and chief operating officer of the Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute, regurgitated anti-vaccine talking points on a local news site. Right in the middle of flu season, a medical director board-certified in family medicine is using the Cleveland Clinic platform to harmfully spread misinformation about a vaccine that can reduce people’s risk of a life-threatening illness. By the end of his rant, this family doctor has employed a half dozen anti-vaccine arguments that dangerously misinform readers and undermine the credibility of the Cleveland Clinic.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/tarahaelle/2017/01/07/cleveland-clinic-goes-full-anti-vaccine/

This is really disturbing to me. It's one thing when someone who is totally uneducated about science and medicine makes half-cocked claims about vaccines because they just honestly do not understand what they're talking about (I have seen anti-vaxxers trying to use the reported adverse effects on a vaccine package insert to "prove" vaccines are dangerous where it was clear that they simply did not have the reading comprehension skills to properly understand the wording of the package insert), but I would expect more from someone who is board certified in Family Medicine.

Members don't see this ad.