Class Thread for VCU 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VCU2011

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! didn't see any threads for individual schools so just wanted to see if anyone else out there is in the entering class for VCU in the fall.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! didn't see any threads for individual schools so just wanted to see if anyone else out there is in the entering class for VCU in the fall.

The class of threads are all, or at least mostly, pre-pharm forum. USC, UOP, OSU all have their own threads, though not necessarily "Class of xx Threads"

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this the same VCU that took out Duke? If it is that was an awsome game

you bet its the same VCU that took out duke...makes me regret betting against my school! Anyways I think they say at the interview it takes a couple of weeks to hear back but i did the whole thing early decision so they had a deadline to tell us by. where are you in undergrad crazychica? you excited about attending in the fall?

By the way guys, i just started a facebook group for our class so we can get to know each other.

Hey guys, can I get your stats and when you applied, when you interviewed and when you found out you got accepted? I interviewed and the wait is just killing me. Thank you :)

im a chemistry major from JMU (which they love there, thats the only reason i mention it)
didn't have too stellar of a GPA- somehwere around a 3.1 or 3.2
91 percentile overall on PCATs
3 years tech experience
I think those are really the only relavent stats

woops sorry guys, i just posted under my girlfriends SDN account and didn't realize it. the angstekv post was me.

FutureDoc, they told us if its a definite yes or no it'll be around 2-4weeks and if its not definite of course they'll take longer to decide.

hopefully, I"ll be seeing all of y'all real soon. I think the committee only meets once a month, after a few interview sessions are over, then they decide. Someone said that they won't meet until the end of the month or beg of April for the March interviews... but that's just say. Eeeeee... I had my interview two weeks ago, and haven't heard anything yet.... :scared:

if they do it anything like they do at the medical school they will let people know like once every couple of months if they go in or not. I hope all goes well with the whole thing! has everyone started looking for places to live yet??

I am entering VCU in fall too. So excited...can't wait. I did early decision too. VCU2011 may be I was in ur batch of interview. Mine was Oct 7th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys - I just was wondering who is definitely attending VCU this fall. Where do you guys plan on living? where are you looking for places? anyone know where you can have large dogs but won't kill your finances? When do you get info on your financial aid?

Financial Aid info:

http://www.pharmacy.vcu.edu/Pharmd/finprocess.html

I'm an undergrad at VCU and live 2 miles away from school. From what I know, most of the apartments downtown only allow pets weighing less than 25 lbs, but I haven't looked around every complex. You should look into places in the Fan area or the west end.

You must have had an awesome interview. My GPA and PCAT scores are higher than yours and I thought I did well in the interviews, but not having recieved anything as of yet tells me otherwise. :( I don't have a degree yet, and they haven't notified me about sending my spring grades. I've been feeling rather down and worried as of late, but hopefully I'll be joining you guys in the fall.

Congratulations on your acceptance! I'm moving to a place on Monument Ave in the museum district this summer. I have a ton of real estate links on my personal computer (I'm currently visiting family) that I'll post later on. Hopefully, they'll help you out in your search.

I sent my FAFSA info in at the end of Feb and I'm still waiting to hear something. I heard from a current student that the maximum amount granted is around 32,000 a year. I don't know that for certain though and I'm not sure how it breaks down into subsidized and unsubsidized loans.

I am also entering VCU Pharmacy in the fall! Woo hoo!! Does everyone know where they are going to be living??

Hey y'all! I am also starting VCU pharmacy in the fall!!! I'm so excited!

I got accepted also. I submitted the deposit and photo. I already live in Richmond because my wife attends VCU pharmacy school and will be a P4 when I start as a P1 in August. I will be staying same place for a year or so until my wife graduates, cheap but not the safest. I'm going to be so poor next year. :eek: I'm a Physician Assistant that decided to go back to school. Going to be tough without a salary for about 10 months but :scared: :) doable.

If y'all are all on facebook, go to search and type in VCU pharmacy to join the 2011 facebook group!!

For those accepted, can you tell us when was your interview? Thanks and Congrats.

THANKS GUYS :) I'm so excited. I'm even more excited that I'll get to leave my job and do something I"ll love... (though I'll be eating saltine crackers for the next few years).

haha, saltine crackers and ketchup we steal from mcdonald's :) YUMMO

Why don't all of the VCU people just post in this thread - its easier than to look at 3 diff threads concerning the same stuff? I'm still waiting to hear from them :(

Why don't all of the VCU people just post in this thread - its easier than to look at 3 diff threads concerning the same stuff? I'm still waiting to hear from them :(

I have a feeling that it's going to be like last year. My friends who were accepted got there letters on April 29 and those who were rejected got theirs on May 3/4.

were they probably in the "maybe" pile? Isn't there a waitlist somewhere too? arghhhhhh... you must be worried since you interviewed march 3rd, I know the march 10th people haven't heard yet. theres some hope???

were they probably in the "maybe" pile? Isn't there a waitlist somewhere too? arghhhhhh... you must be worried since you interviewed march 3rd, I know the march 10th people haven't heard yet. theres some hope???

The people who were waitlisted also recieved their letters on Apr 29.

From VCU website:

"A definite date for notification will depend on the decision of the Admissions Committee. The Committee frequently will postpone final notification until the majority of the applicants have been interviewed."

I was waitlisted last year and I received my letter on May 4. Talk about a downer two days before graduation. It all worked out for the best though. I feel a lot more confident and prepared after having a year to relax and get some great experience at an inpatient facility.

Is MCV your only option or did you guys apply to other schools as well?

I'm also waiting on Howard but MCV is my top choice. I don't feel like I stand a chance since i'm out of state - argh.

I was waitlisted last year and I received my letter on May 4. Talk about a downer two days before graduation. It all worked out for the best though. I feel a lot more confident and prepared after having a year to relax and get some great experience at an inpatient facility.

Is MCV your only option or did you guys apply to other schools as well?

Ah whoops, maybe the waitlisted people got their letters on May 3/4 too, but I distinctly recall the acceptance letters being recieved on April 28/29.

Did you talk to Dr. Reinders after you got waitlisted?

MCV or die.

Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone else has heard anything from VCU? I had my interview on March 10 and I'm still waiting to hear something. Does anyone know when the committee is going to meet again or how many students have been accepted so far? Also, how does the waiting list work...do they just add your name to the bottom if they decide to put you on there or do they do it in order based on who they think is most qualified? Thanks!!

Got the letter of Acceptance around April 1st.

Stats
Undergrad GPA approx 3.1 BS in Chemistry Science GPA approx 3.25
Graduate GPA approx 3.3-3.4 MS in Health Science
Composite PCAT 94
3 Years as a Physician Assistant.
Interviewed in October under early decision, moved to Regular Admissions due to lack of PCAT score. Retook PCAT in January, Accepted in March.

Will be seeing some of you in August, Good Luck.:)

Congrats Hreiss - when did you interview?

October under early decision, told needed PCAT Scores, took the test the week after I interviewed, lol.(composite 87) Then took it again in January after studying some, just in case(composite 94).

Did you talk to Dr. Reinders after you got waitlisted?

I did. I scheduled a meeting with him around the beginning of August and it was extremely helpful. I'd recommend that anyone that got waitlisted or denied meet with him as well. He gave me some ways to help improve my application and was a great resource for information about the whole process. Like.........

~When you're waitlisted you can be pulled off the list to replace a student into the first week of classes (YIKES)

~Unlike other schools VCU does not tell you your placement on the waiting list, the only information the admissions office would give me is that I was waitlisted

~If you reapply after being waitlisted you don't have to re-interview, they can use your scores from your initial interview session.

~Also, pharmcas applications can't be submitted to schools til Aug 1 and as of the second week of Aug VCU had already received over 200 applications.

That being said, congrats to everyone that got admitted and to those that got interviewed. Just think that over 50% of the people that get interviewed get accepted. Good luck to everyone that is waiting; hopefully, you'll hear something good very soon!

I got my acceptance letter today! :D I can't wait to meet you all! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I got my acceptance letter today! :D I can't wait to meet you all! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

congratulations! may i ask if you're in-state and when the letter was dated?

hey guys..ill be there in the fall! actually 4 of us got accepted from the JMU chemistry department so there will be a group of chem nerds there:) But I cant wait to meet you all! and yeah anyone who hasn't joined the VCU pharmacy 2011 facebook group needs to get on that!

How many people are actually attending VCU now and will be applying to the dental school or already getting ready and studying for DAT/MCATS?