Class of 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got to episode 4 of season 4 and HOLY CRAP @ WHAT JUST HAPPENED!

You don't even KNOW. On ep. 11 right now and I can't stop

Members don't see this ad.

This season was super boring at first but it's getting crazy! I am going out to dinner now so I can't even finish the episode!!!

Also I am so freaking sad that a certain person died in episode 4.

Reactions: 1 user
This season was super boring at first but it's getting crazy! I am going out to dinner now so I can't even finish the episode!!!

Also I am so freaking sad that a certain person died in episode 4.

I thought it was really good in the beginning but after that event everything just goes to 100 real quick. And if it's who I think it is then prepare for some serious feels later...

Members don't see this ad :)

Literally every year for the past 4 years I have finished each season in under 36 hours. Often in under 18.

Watch 8 episodes that night, go to bed at 4 am, wake up at noon and finish the last 5 episodes by 5 or 6

After months of lurking, finally joining this thread! Hello everyone! Still waiting to see if/when I get off the waitlist at Pitt (will matriculate when accepted), but for now I'm leaning towards Buffalo between my two choices (that and Stony Brook).

Reactions: 8 users
IMG_20160229_231756.jpg
How to Get Away with Murder gives me life!!

I know it's already been suggested but I cannot emphasize this enough: CALL THE MIDWIFE.

So good.

That show is so underrated. I love every episode. Every single one makes me laugh and sob.
Also, if anyone is looking for movie recs, go see Zootopia. I'm normally not into Disney/animated movies, but this movie was just incredible, it's one of the most quality movies I've seen in a long time.

Reactions: 2 users
I should join Class 2021 since I am deferring until next year, but I love even years :p
I'm most likely also 2021 due to dual degree plans and I totally agree. Would've been nice to have 2020 instead of stoopid 2021. Though at least it's better than sooper ugly 2019 :p

That show is so underrated. I love every episode. Every single one makes me laugh and sob.
Also, if anyone is looking for movie recs, go see Zootopia. I'm normally not into Disney/animated movies, but this movie was just incredible, it's one of the most quality movies I've seen in a long time.

Seconding Zootopia. I've gotten so much skepticism from my friends on this one and then they see that it has a 99% on Rotten Tomatoes and their tunes change a bit. It's visually beautiful with a great, relevant story to boot.

After I finish House of Cards I'm going to watch Call the Midwife. I'd never heard of it before

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Zootopia was so good! Great story, and it had all the puns. All the punsssss

Best quote: "It’s great to have dreams, just so long as you don’t believe in them too much.".
That whole parent-kid dynamic spoke to me so much, I have that kind of relationship not with my parents but some close family members who "mean well" but are really discouraging haha

So excited to finally join this thread!!

Also I guess I should check out House of Cards this season...I thought last season sucked but they seem to have made a come back!! haha

Looks like I'll be attending University of Illinois College of Medicine at the Chicago campus!!!! I'm hoping to get in to their Urban Medicine Program

Reactions: 6 users
+100000 for house of cards. I finished the 4th season in like a day and a half (oops). The show has so many surprises it's unbelievable

Reactions: 3 users
Joining this thread as well! Got accepted to MCW about 2.5 weeks ago and am very happy :) Will also be remaining on the HPWL at Albert Einstein, so not 100% sure where I'm going yet!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got my financial aid award. Hello 62,096 dollars in loans lol

Reactions: 6 users
While on the topic of financial aid.. have any of you had any luck finding outside scholarships/money?

I have been able to find about 10-15 state specific scholarships but most of them are for M2-M4 and the few M1s I found the deadlines were back in February.

Wasn't sure if anyone had come across some good scholarship search engines!

Was looking for this stuff too! Let me know guys. I'll have all of March and April to just do this. ( apart from getting passing grades in classes haha)

I anticipate having about 200k in loans. Yay for having rich parents who refuse to pay for med school.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile

I'll one up ya'll. I'm an international student at least for now and I get zero loans and zero scholarship. Plus I have to pay four years' tuition up front.

Reactions: 5 users
I'll one up ya'll. I'm an international student at least for now and I get zero loans and zero scholarship. Plus I have to pay four years' tuition up front.
How do they expect anybody to be able to do that? That just seems unreasonable.

How do they expect anybody to be able to do that? That just seems unreasonable.
It may be unreasonable but it's smart. What if I can't pay for my education after a year? Two years? Three? That would be a waste of a spot for them. We, as students, are investments for this medical school. They need to do everything they can after they give us a spot in their school to help us graduate and match into an excellent residency. Yeah it makes it harder for me and other international students, but at least I get a shot right?

Does anyone have any recommendations for good documentaries that are on Netflix?
I just watched The Hunting Ground, highly recommend it. But God it made me so angry.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good documentaries that are on Netflix?
I just watched The Hunting Ground, highly recommend it. But God it made me so angry.

Less than an hour ago I just watched "The Search for General Tso" and found it really fun, engaging, and fascinating. It's specifically about the dish "General Tso's Chicken" that is common in Chinese restaurants in America, but extends out into a history of Chinese food/restaurants in America. I know it sounds really niche, but I would recommend it.

If you're into sports I suggest the 30 for 30 documentary "Of Miracles and Men," it tells the story of the hockey championship in the 1980 Winter Olympics from the perspective of the Russians (they had the best team in the world then but got beaten by the US national team composed of college hockey players). "Miracle on Ice," the movie which tells the story of the US team, is one of my go-to pump up/pick me up movies haha. I watch it at least once a year with my buddies.

Last edited:
If you're into sports I suggest the 30 for 30 documentary "Of Miracles and Men," it tells the story of the hockey championship in the 1980 Winter Olympics from the perspective of the Russians (they had the best team in the world then but got beaten by the US national team composed of college hockey players). "Miracle," the movie which tells the story of the US team, is one of my go-to pump up/pick me up movies haha. I watch it at least once a year with my buddies.

Ahh yes I love hockey. Have you ever seen Red? I think that's what it's called, someone recommended it to me a while ago but I never watched it.

If you're into sports I suggest the 30 for 30 documentary "Of Miracles and Men," it tells the story of the hockey championship in the 1980 Winter Olympics from the perspective of the Russians (they had the best team in the world then but got beaten by the US national team composed of college hockey players). "Miracle," the movie which tells the story of the US team, is one of my go-to pump up/pick me up movies haha. I watch it at least once a year with my buddies.

I have never seen the film, though my boyfriend has that speech memorized, and it was recited to me with great frequency throughout this application cycle. I have the gist of it in my brain...kind of..."I am sick and tired of hearing about what a great team the Soviets have....something something...9 times out of 10 they will win but not tonight because tonight we skate....."

Ahh yes I love hockey. Have you ever seen Red? I think that's what it's called, someone recommended it to me a while ago but I never watched it.
I haven't seen it, but I'll look that up now!

I have never seen the film, though my boyfriend has that speech memorized, and it was recited to me with great frequency throughout this application cycle. I have the gist of it in my brain...kind of..."I am sick and tired of hearing about what a great team the Soviets have....something something...9 times out of 10 they will win but not tonight because tonight we skate....."
Your boyfriend's a good man. That speech + the one in Independence Day + the one in Braveheart are some of my favorites.

I haven't seen it, but I'll look that up now!

Your boyfriend's a good man. That speech + the one in Independence Day + the one in Braveheart are some of my favorites.

The speech from The Great Dictator makes me cry every time.

JUST KIDDING the movie is called Red Army, not Red!

The speech from The Great Dictator makes me cry every time.
Doesn't make me cry, but gets me every time as well.

I love speeches. Can't wait for May/June when good/entertaining commencement speeches will once again be the stuff of news programs/Buzzfeed articles.

Doesn't make me cry, but gets me every time as well.

I love speeches. Can't wait for May/June when good/entertaining commencement speeches will once again be the stuff of news programs/Buzzfeed articles.

OMG I volunteered at graduation last year and it was the WORST commencement speech I have ever heard. The dude spent the entire speech telling people not to illegally download movies LOL. I hope this year's is better but I have no confidence in Case's ability to attract interesting people.

OMG I volunteered at graduation last year and it was the WORST commencement speech I have ever heard. The dude spent the entire speech telling people not to illegally download movies LOL. I hope this year's is better but I have no confidence in Case's ability to attract interesting people.
I don't even remember what my undergrad's invited commencement speaker talked about. Come to think of it, I don't think they even invited one. The student speaker's speech was okay though, but at that point of the ceremony I was just so hungry and couldn't focus.

My friends say my speech at my department's ceremony sounded like JD from Scrubs and Leslie Knope wrote it, and I'm very proud of that haha.

If you are a fan of serial killer documentaries I would suggest

The Frozen Ground
Night crawler
The Zodiac

If you are a fan of serial killer documentaries I would suggest

The Frozen Ground
Night crawler
The Zodiac

Thanks! I did just read the entire wikipedia page about Jeffrey Dahmer the other night, so I'll probably check those out :p

Anyone else paranoid that once you drop all but one acceptance, something will go terribly wrong with your chosen school and you won't start in the fall? I think I need two more hobbies at a minimum...

Reactions: 18 users
Anyone else paranoid that once you drop all but one acceptance, something will go terribly wrong with your chosen school and you won't start in the fall? I think I need two more hobbies at a minimum...
I have the same exact fear!