Class of 2015 (Application cycle 2010-2011)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an "unsubmitted" e-mail. My application has been unsubmitted from AACOMAS instead of being put on hold pending the last transcript which should go out Monday. That means I'll likely get thrown to the back of the line when I have to submit again. ******ed. O well though I suppose. It did give me a chance to see what they changed on my grades though before they were sent so I got to send them a nice e-mail and respectfully change them back. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks noshie! If you don't mind me asking, what types of things will you focus on in their "Why should we accept you into this years class?" question? It's open-endedness is killing me!

What do you bring that is unique? Do you bring dedication as demonstrated by your ECs? Do you bring large amounts of clinical experience? Do you bring a unique perspective because of something that has happened in your life? More life experiences because you are non-traditional?

Not saying any of these questions apply to you but they are the kinds of things I'd say would work in my opinion at least. The space limits are very very short, think 2 short paragraphs. You want to be very to the point. Since I am a re-applicant so I'm going to write starting about how having gone through the process and experiencing constant letdowns has not stopped but furthered my drive to succeed "chip on my shoulder" kinda thing and also talk about determination and experience or something. I'm trying to steer clear of restating my primary because my PS is all about the large amount of clinical experience I've had.

Thanks Dan. I'm going to hone in on my leaderships and link them to my clinical experiences by talking about aspects of one carry over to the next, i.e. a career in medicine. Hopefully my articulation comes out as well as my thoughts seem to be connecting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys,

I just got an email from LECOM- Erie about filling out their secondary application. Is it just me or are there no essay questions?!?!

It just asked me standard stuff like which campus I preferred, ever convicted of a felony, LOR waiver, and of course the $50.00.

Just a little confused/surprised since I thought most secondaries have short essay questions to answer. Let me know what you guys get!

take a peek at the secondaries thread...

Hey Guys,

I just got an email from LECOM- Erie about filling out their secondary application.

Wow, secondary already. Mine still says "Processing" and "Submitted to AACOMAS" haha, good luck to youu!

I actually got the exact same email from LECOM and came on here to post that same question whubert....seems really strange that there are no essays?!? oh well, ill throw them a 50 spot and move on with my summer i guess :)

Hahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one who got that email. One less thing to worry about I guess! Good luck to you sir

Thanks noshie! If you don't mind me asking, what types of things will you focus on in their "Why should we accept you into this years class?" question? It's open-endedness is killing me!

Oh, I just told them that I am awesome... Haha.

Actually I focused on being nontraditional and how my vast experiences in research, work, etc will make me a great addition to their class. I was a class officer for my grad school so I have experience being a leader for my class... Also I have a lot of unique experiences that have made me very social and I have a great sense of teamwork that I can apply to working with my peers. There was more, but that is the gist of it.

IM SO SAD! Why didn't I get an email about any secondaries yet!? I feel so unspecial right now...

Oh, I just told them that I am awesome... Haha.

Actually I focused on being nontraditional and how my vast experiences in research, work, etc will make me a great addition to their class. I was a class officer for my grad school so I have experience being a leader for my class... Also I have a lot of unique experiences that have made me very social and I have a great sense of teamwork that I can apply to working with my peers. There was more, but that is the gist of it.

IM SO SAD! Why didn't I get an email about any secondaries yet!? I feel so unspecial right now...

It takes some time. Beginning of the month/application cycle means they're being bombarded!

Oohhhh I'm nervous! Just submitted my application today!! :D:D 6 Schools (PCOM, Nova, Touro NV, Touro CA, Western & UMDNJ). I thought about waiting for my SMP to finish, but my stats are above average for DO schools.

Good luck everybody!

It takes some time. Beginning of the month/application cycle means they're being bombarded!

Oohhhh I'm nervous! Just submitted my application today!! :D:D 6 Schools (PCOM, Nova, Touro NV, Touro CA, Western & UMDNJ). I thought about waiting for my SMP to finish, but my stats are above average for DO schools.

Good luck everybody!

I got the email about the UMDNJ secondary this morning :) I feel special again. Yay. Anyone else get emails from any other schools yet?

not yet! i'm waiting for them though!

Did you turn in that one already? I just did an hour ago... The questions were pretty easy, but I couldn't fill in a whole page for each of them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my email for the secondary from UMDNJ as well! Still working on those questions though.

i'm not applying to umdnj yet. depends on the new mcat.

So tomorrow they are going to again submit them to schools? I was verified over a week ago and mine still says "Submitted to AACOMAS"

How the hell do people have secondaries already? I sent my app in to get verified the first hour of the first day of submissions. Now I'm verified but I've still got the sUBmitted status

Last edited:
Got the KCOM secondary today... Just submitted it! :) Wow, this is the fastest I have ever done secondaries in the past. Someone gave me great advice once and I thought I would share it.

Writing essays for secondaries is hard, I know for me I want to make it as good and well thought out as my personal statement. But I think they want something real in the secondary essays, something that is almost conversational. Therefore, my advice is to say what you have to say and just send it. Don’t obsess over each sentence, just answer the question as best as you can, check for errors and submit it. No need to waste time on the secondary...

I got an e-mail from one of the schools saying they received my app for initial processing and will get back within a week but my AACOMAS status still hasn;t changed. This is so irritating.. how did my stuff just get sent out when I was verified along w the very first batch of ppl

I'm gunna visit CCOM in the next week or so for a tour (I think they give them every other week). They let you talk to adcoms at the end; I was at the event two summers ago. If anyone is interested is reserving a spot as well lemme know via PM or in the CCOM 2010-2011 thread. It's in Downers Grove, IL so if its in your backyard its worth a look.

I got an e-mail from one of the schools saying they received my app for initial processing and will get back within a week but my AACOMAS status still hasn;t changed. This is so irritating.. how did my stuff just get sent out when I was verified along w the very first batch of ppl

You already had a conversation with AACOMAS about this lol Relax dude. Getting your secondaries now vs. 2 days ago really isn't going to make a difference. You are still WAY ahead of the game.

In case you forgot, AACOMAS ****ed up sending out the first batch, had to turn around and correct it so they skipped a week. Now everyone's has gone out correctly that has been verified up to this point. Find the essay prompts on here and start working on them so you can turn around and submit them the day you get them. That will make up for your slight delay in primaries by far.

well, I submitted my app to AACOMAS. No rush of relief like I was expecting... now I just have another thing to obsessively check. yay. haha

You already had a conversation with AACOMAS about this lol Relax dude. Getting your secondaries now vs. 2 days ago really isn't going to make a difference. You are still WAY ahead of the game.

In case you forgot, AACOMAS ****ed up sending out the first batch, had to turn around and correct it so they skipped a week. Now everyone's has gone out correctly that has been verified up to this point. Find the essay prompts on here and start working on them so you can turn around and submit them the day you get them. That will make up for your slight delay in primaries by far.

Could you clarify about what happened with the first batch? I'm wondering because something is odd with my app. It shows it being verified but I haven't even submitted it yet. I can't enter new courses and have to send a list to AACOMAS for them to put in. Has anyone else encountered these issues? Thanks.

Could you clarify about what happened with the first batch? I'm wondering because something is odd with my app. It shows it being verified but I haven't even submitted it yet. I can't enter new courses and have to send a list to AACOMAS for them to put in. Has anyone else encountered these issues? Thanks.

That just means that they thought they had all of your transcripts so they verified them.

When the first batch went out the formatting was all wrong. They cut off the majority of people's ECs, etc. and messed a bunch of things up. So they skipped the 2nd batch while they fixed it and sent everything out the 3rd week.

Wow, some of you guys already got secondaries..I feel so screwed. Hahaha :eek:

Wow, some of you guys already got secondaries..I feel so screwed. Hahaha :eek:

No worries, first interviews won't go out until late July and into august depending on the school. You are fine.

I got 2 emails from VCOM, one was that they received my app, the other (today) was that they are planning on reviewing it. I was hoping to get a secondary by Monday. Anyone else go through this sequence?

i got all three emails in a row, the third being an invite to the secondary. i got the emails tuesday, secondary was posted wednesday, and i sent everything in wednesday.

I got 2 emails from VCOM, one was that they received my app, the other (today) was that they are planning on reviewing it. I was hoping to get a secondary by Monday. Anyone else go through this sequence?

Same here, I haven't received a third email yet saying inviting me to complete the secondary.

I cant get my transcripts out for another 2 weeks. And then i have to get them converted:(

No worries, first interviews won't go out until late July and into august depending on the school. You are fine.

Did you get your spring grade yet? I only got two so far..

Did you get your spring grade yet? I only got two so far..

Are you through extension also? My final was the 10th, had my grade the next day. Transcript has already been received by AACOMAS :)

has anyone else not received a single secondary invite? lol, i applied june 1st and nothing thus far... applied to CCOM, AZCOM, KCUCOM, OSUCOM, and DMU

has anyone else not received a single secondary invite? lol, i applied june 1st and nothing thus far... applied to CCOM, AZCOM, KCUCOM, OSUCOM, and DMU

It depends on school selection. Some schools send out secondaries earlier than others. Don't worry, they will come lol Now if you start seeing other people getting those secondaries and you still haven't gotten them.... then you have problems.

Are you through extension also? My final was the 10th, had my grade the next day. Transcript has already been received by AACOMAS :)

Nah, I'm not. I'm just a junior (gonna be a senior this fall :)). My last final was on 10th too but I haven't gotten all my grades yet :( But I try not to panic though :] (I will be fineeeeeeeee..Keep my fingers crossed)

Nah, I'm not. I'm just a junior (gonna be a senior this fall :)). My last final was on 10th too but I haven't gotten all my grades yet :( But I try not to panic though :] (I will be fineeeeeeeee..Keep my fingers crossed)

Ya, UCLA sucks with grades, especially in spring. School policy says they have 14 days to get their grades in I believe. Go into the registrar Monday though, fill out the transcript request form and give them everything and request that it be sent when grades are in and pay the extra for the priority. That way you'll have no worries.

Ya, UCLA sucks with grades, especially in spring. School policy says they have 14 days to get their grades in I believe. Go into the registrar Monday though, fill out the transcript request form and give them everything and request that it be sent when grades are in and pay the extra for the priority. That way you'll have no worries.

Yay! My grades are up! well, my grades are not great but good enough. :)

Just got swamped with secondaries from RVUCOM, OUCOM, VCOM, and KCOM. Guess what I'll be doing this week! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!:eek:

i'm surprised at how many people on SDN are applying to RVU, considering the things we do not need to rehash in this thread.

Any good book recommendations on the history of osteopathic medicine? I wanna read something in-depth before I have an interview somewhere.

Hey every1 :)

I just had two fluffy buttermilk pancakes, biscuits and gravy, southwestern skillet w hash browns, and two cups of decaf.

I'm currently laying in bed right now with a smile on my face, ready to doze off for the next six hrs.

Have a fabulous monday ;-)

Love cbrons

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

It has been 9 business days since I requested my last transcript, with rushed processing, and AACOMAS still hasn't received it :scared::mad:

Anyone else visiting LECOM-E this Friday? They have some open house going on.

It has been 9 business days since I requested my last transcript, with rushed processing, and AACOMAS still hasn't received it :scared::mad:

They must be really backed up becuase, I sent my transcripts to AMCAS and AACOMAS at the same time and AMCAS has received all of mine while AACOMAS still says unreceived

Hey every1 :)

I just had two fluffy buttermilk pancakes, biscuits and gravy, southwestern skillet w hash browns, and two cups of decaf.

I'm currently laying in bed right now with a smile on my face, ready to doze off for the next six hrs.

Have a fabulous monday ;-)

Love cbrons

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

deeeelicious. i love breakfast