civilian residency after navy internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

renaldon212

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a third year med student considering a two year navy scholarship. My obligation will be two years after navy internship or three years after civilian internship. My plan is to complete a navy internship, do my gmo tour for two years, and apply for civilian residency. How easy is this transition? Do civilian residency programs accept applicants who have completed internship elsewere, ie the military?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by renaldon212
I am a third year med student considering a two year navy scholarship. My obligation will be two years after navy internship or three years after civilian internship. My plan is to complete a navy internship, do my gmo tour for two years, and apply for civilian residency. How easy is this transition? Do civilian residency programs accept applicants who have completed internship elsewere, ie the military?

I'm in the NAVY FAP. Consider this program because it allows you to skip the GMO tour. If you're entering a speciality that the NAVY needs, then you can do the FAP.

go to this thread for details:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62983