Chinese MDs practicing in NA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

602gts

Johnny5_USCPROSTH
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone with an MD from China practice in North America? I know Taiwan doesn't accept the education there... but does Canada or US? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

602gts said:
Can someone with an MD from China practice in North America? I know Taiwan doesn't accept the education there... but does Canada or US? thanks.
I have no idea, but all I can say is I know immigrant MDs not being able to practice in Canada and becoming janitors to feed their kids... And people bitch about the low number of docs here :rolleyes:

Ya man.... it's so damn hard to get back to Canada. I'd imagine you'd need to score pretty high to get back to the states as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
not sure about Canada, but I think that US recognize Chinese MD degrees. You will just have to take the licensing exams and do the residency here. There are alot of Taiwanese and Mainland Chinese docs who have done that

Iffy premed's right. My medicine attending when I was a 3rd year med student is from China. He was an MD in China, came over here, took step I,II,III & redid residency.

~ribs.