"Chillest" Post-Baccs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FlyingBoat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
NOTE: "Chill" does not mean "easy" or "without rigor or hard work." I understand that a postbacc is a grueling undertaking.

But, that being said, I wanted to hear some opinions about the "chillest" postbacc programs, as in ones that are:

1. Not super competitive, among students (again, does not mean "not difficult," just a program where people sabotage does not prevail in hopes of securing a better organic chemistry grade)

2. Most supportive - not so much in terms of hand-holding or medical school advising, but in terms of a general non-apocalyptic, "end-of-the-world," alarmist attitude if a student, perhaps, does not fare so well on a test or is having trouble with a particular subject

Essentially, a place where students are not eaten alive in the crushing pressure of student competition and ruthless, draconian professors. Again, rigor is a-okay - which places, simply, balance and temper rigor and pressure the best?

Gracias.

Members don't see this ad.

Scripps is a nice program where no classes have curves and is a small supportive program. However, getting in would be relatively challenging.

Members don't see this ad :)
One vote for Goucher! Though I am a little partial since I'm currently in the program.

NOTE: "Chill" does not mean "easy" or "without rigor or hard work." I understand that a postbacc is a grueling undertaking.

But, that being said, I wanted to hear some opinions about the "chillest" postbacc programs, as in ones that are:

1. Not super competitive, among students (again, does not mean "not difficult," just a program where people sabotage does not prevail in hopes of securing a better organic chemistry grade)

2. Most supportive - not so much in terms of hand-holding or medical school advising, but in terms of a general non-apocalyptic, "end-of-the-world," alarmist attitude if a student, perhaps, does not fare so well on a test or is having trouble with a particular subject

Essentially, a place where students are not eaten alive in the crushing pressure of student competition and ruthless, draconian professors. Again, rigor is a-okay - which places, simply, balance and temper rigor and pressure the best?

Gracias.

Haha everyone is going to say their own program for this, and I'm no different -- Bryn Mawr fits your stated criteria excellently. Though, to be fair, I'd guess Scripps and Goucher probably do too.

i am also biased and in agreement with runner1323; goucher has definitely been an awesome and supportive program so far :)

Would Tufts qualify? They seem pretty small and geared towards providing support to their Post-Baccers . . . .