Child Neurology Match 2013 :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I this it's wonderful that there's a thread for our small but passionate child neuro community! I'm also applying this season, but I don't think posting my interview invites would be of much use at this point since the last one occurred more than 3 weeks ago(or let me know if you'd still like me to do so!).

Instead, I heard someone ask about the "silent rejection" issue from some programs. I've had the same problem. I posted the programs that officially rejected me and noted if I called/emailed to get the info. I've also included the ones that I'm still waiting on. Hopefully, that will let someone else know that there's still a chance for them if they hadn't gotten a rejection. In turn, I hope others will share their "official rejections" for the same reason. This is not meant as a downer, but I personally prefer to know, even if it's negative.

INTERVIEW REJECTIONS

California
UCSF-drseuss15(10/22)

Colorado
Colorado-Denver-drseuss15(11/22-called)

Massachusetts
Children's Hospital Boston-drseuss15(11/14)
Tufts-drseuss15(10/22)
Massachusetts General Hospital Program-

Maryland
Johns Hopkins-drseuss15(10/24)

Michigan
Michigan, Ann Arbor-

Missouri
WashU-

New York
Columbia University Medical Center-drseuss15(11/14)
Weill Cornell Medical Center- drseuss15(11/13)
Rochester-drseuss15(10/17-"waitlisted" for interview)
Albert Einstein-
NS/Long Island Jewish-

North Carolina
Duke-drseuss(11/22-emailed the program)
Univ. North Carolina-

Ohio
Cincinnati Children's Hospital-drseuss15(10/04)

Pennsylvania
UPittMC-
CHOP-drseuss15(10/08)

South Carolina
Univ. of South Carolina-

Virginia
University of Virginia-

1) Keep the list in the body when you reply-for the first person who responds, please erase my personal blurb in beginning before "INTERVIEW REJECTIONS"
2) Please sort alphabetically by state
3) Try to say what school/program you are adding to the "Official Rejections"

Please include these instructions when you quote - And quote the last list available!
Step 1: Click on the blue "QUOTE" button at the bottom right of the last post (don't copy and paste since it will not pick up the HTML code for boldface fonts).
Step 2: Remove the bracketed things at the very beginning and very end. (QUOTE=username;numbers) and (/QUOTE) - where the parentheses are brackets.
Step 3: Make your additions, then post. Please type what you are adding in the title/subject line so people won't have to search the whole post to see what you added.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi -
Hope everyone is having a gr8 holiday season.I had a query :
When do the Child Neurology programs submit their ROL to the NRMP?
I guess most, if not all, smaller programs are done with their interviews. The comparatively larger programs would be having some more dates in January....

So, what would be the best time to communicate to the programs regarding our own ranking preferences?and also to send last updates on the CV if any.

Thanks

Good question, RedBrick- I suspect other people are wondering the same thing :)

Basically, I sent updates to programs right around their very last interview date- after all, the whole point is to be just as fresh on their minds as the applicants in their last interview group. This will probably vary from school to school. The ROL deadline, however, is the same for all schools participating in the NRMP match, and is some time in February. I think it might be the same date as when the applicants' lists are due, or maybe within a couple days of that.

So, you have time. Early to mid-January would be a reasonable time to send out updates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I'm trying to find someone that I talked to on the interview trail with a question. So, on the off chance that this person is on SDN-message me if you interviewed at Nationwide on October 17th.
thanks!

Congrats on certifying your list NTF. I just have to stop flip flopping on a couple, but nearly done. Good luck to everyone out there!

Most of the top places are very similar.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me when do the programs start interviewing for Child neurology? I am planning a vacation in last 2 weeks of october, is that a good idea?

Can someone tell me when do the programs start interviewing for Child neurology? I am planning a vacation in last 2 weeks of october, is that a good idea?
Not the best idea in the world.. but if you need it for your sanity, then take it...

I started interviewing before 10/15. and by Nov 1, I had already been on 4. But I do know some other people that had to finish up clinical clerkships and didn't start until Nov. You're just more likely to have to keep Jan interviews.

Depends on the program, I would think. We don't start interviews until November 1. We are a categorical program and coordinate interviews with pediatrics, and that's when they start interviewing every year (but we start issuing invitations as soon as we start receiving applications). YMMV, though, so you can always check the program websites to see if interview dates are listed.