USMLE/COMLEX Check out Goljan: Rapid Review of Pathology and the entire Rapid Review Series

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ELS Marketer

Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Get the most from your study time- Rapid Review Pathology, by Dr. Ed Goljan makes it easy for you to master all of the pathology material covered on the USMLE™ Step 1 Exam. It combines an outline-format review of key concepts with over 400 hundred USMLE-style practice questions - online - that give you all the practice you need to succeed!

www.us.elsevierhealth.com

Book Includes-
  • Outline format: concise, high-yield subject matter is presented in a study-friendly format.
  • High-yield margin notes: Key content that is most likely to appear on the exam is reinforced in the margin notes.
  • Visual elements: Full-color photographs are utilized to enhance your study and recognition of key pathology images. Abundant two-color schematics and summary tables enhance your study experience.
  • Two-color design: Colored text and headings make studying more efficient and pleasing.
New! Online Study and Testing Tool
  • A minimum of 350 USMLE Step 1–type MCQs: Clinically oriented, multiple-choice questions that mimic the current USMLE format, including high-yield images and complete rationales for all answer options.
  • Online benefits: New review and testing tool delivered via the USMLE Consult platform, the most realistic USMLE review product on the market. Online feedback includes results analyzed to the subtopic level (discipline and organ system).
  • Test mode: Create a test from a random mix of questions or by subject or keyword using the timed test mode. USMLE Consult simulates the actual test-taking experience using NBME’s FRED interface, including style and level of difficulty of the questions and timing information. Detailed feedback and analysis shows your strengths and weaknesses and allows for more focused study.
  • Practice mode: Create a test from randomized question sets or by subject or keyword for a dynamic study session. The practice mode features unlimited attempts at each question, instant feedback, complete rationales for all answer options, and a detailed progress report.
  • Online access: Online access allows you to study from an internet-enabled computer wherever and whenever it is convenient. This access is activated through registration on www.studentconsult.com with the pin code printed inside the front cover.
AND...Check out the rest of the Rapid Review Series that presents information in an easy-to-read outline format, with concise clinical content, explanatory illustrations, and Board-style test questions to help you test your knowledge.

http://www.us.elsevierhealth.com/serieschild.jsp?sid=27

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
At the beginning of the school year when the 3rd Edition was released, it seemed as if the online questions were not available yet- many of my classmates were commenting on that. 2nd Edition questions were still available only if you had an access code for that edition. Has this glitch been updated/fixed?

I have gad the same problems with the online Questions and was told that they were working on solving the problems. I must say that these books are VITAL to integrating all the mish-mash of facts we are presented with. They make me feel more like a clinician each time I use them!! Thanks for such an excellent series!!

medoc117

Is the book available for access online when you purchase it?

Great feedback! The book has instant online access when you purchase it and currently all online questions are up and running. New editions are published every four years - and this edition just came out in August so it is very current.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Where do you primarily pull your questions bank from? Is it based on prior Step exams?

Are the answers linked in the index with the outline content? I have heard great things about Rapid Review and am considering it as I prepare for USMLE step 1

Where do you primarily pull your questions bank from? Is it based on prior Step exams?

Are the answers linked in the index with the outline content? I have heard great things about Rapid Review and am considering it as I prepare for USMLE step 1

The answers aren't linked within the index; however, the online content is powered by USMLE Consult, so you can search by keyword, discipline, or organ to find exactly what you are looking for.

how much is the book updated each year? are the images such as histo slides of the pathology?

How does Goljan compare to the BRS books? Is it more concise, are there more questions? I'm so torn between which pathology resource to use for Step 1!

Are the questions with Goljan's Rapid Review similar in style and difficulty to the (pathology) questions from your Step 1 Question Bank? If so, are any questions repeated?

Status
Not open for further replies.