Cheap housing San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perrotfish

Has an MD in Horribleness
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So going into my second year, I have realized that since I basically live at the hospital anyway its kind of silly to be paying high rent. Does anyone here know of any good, cheaper options for housing in San Diego that don't involve a roommate? Has anyone here lived in national city? Rented in Coronado? What's the best deal you've seen someone get in North Park? Any other thoughts of good places to live on a modest budget that don't involve a 45+ minute commute?

Members don't see this ad.

Way too many variables: size, bedrooms, parking included etc etc.

Coronado is expensive, national city not so much but has some rough areas. Just look online at any number of websites to see what is out there. All sorts of neighborhoods you could look in: hillcrest, mission hills, north park, South Park, UTC, p beach, point Loma, m beach, etc etc.

Renting alone is always going to cause you to pay a slight premium

Cheap housing San Diego is an oxymoron.

So going into my second year, I have realized that since I basically live at the hospital anyway its kind of silly to be paying high rent. Does anyone here know of any good, cheaper options for housing in San Diego that don't involve a roommate? Has anyone here lived in national city? Rented in Coronado? What's the best deal you've seen someone get in North Park? Any other thoughts of good places to live on a modest budget that don't involve a 45+ minute commute?

Try Point Loma. I used to live at Point Loma Towers (1 bdr, $1100/month, albeit 10 years ago). Close to lots of food/shopping. Its up on the hill, so in a better neighborhood than most point loma slums. Was a good basic apartment