ChatGPT multiple choice question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Styrene

Psychiatry Resident (PGY-4)
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A 52-year-old female patient is brought to the psychiatric emergency service with marked motor abnormalities. On examination, she displays mutism, staring, grimacing, echolalia, and echopraxia. The patient is on high doses of diazepam, and previous laboratory findings revealed elevated levels of glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD) antibodies. Her past medical history includes epilepsy and diabetes mellitus.

The patient's sister, who is her legal guardian and resides overseas, has instructed the medical team to avoid any "aggressive" interventions, in line with their cultural beliefs. There is also an ongoing legal dispute concerning medical power of attorney.

What are the most appropriate courses of action, considering the psychiatric, neurological, medical, ethical, cultural, legal, and psychopharmacological complexities?

A) Facilitate a video conference with the sister.
B) Increase diazepam, initiate lorazepam.
C) Start ECT.
D) Engage a medical ethicist.
E) Consult hospital legal counsel.
F) Start amantadine, maintain the current diazepam regimen.
G) Initiate memantine, increase the dose of diazepam.
H) Provide physical therapy.
I) Notify local law enforcement regarding the legal dispute.
J) Pursue a court order for treatment against the sister's wishes.
K) A, E, F and H
L) F, H, D, E, and A
M) G, B, C, and I

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
ADmit to medicine

Reactions: 1 users
Admit to Diagnostics Department, 4th floor, Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital
And start a heavy duty 4th line antibiotic after extensive SPECT Imaging and fMRI and an open exploratory neurosurgery.

And block any contact with patient’s family while ignoring repeated messages from the legal department.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Lol. Imagine the cold sweats from cracking open a board exam and seeing nothing but page after page of this!

Reactions: 1 user
And start a heavy duty 4th line antibiotic after extensive SPECT Imaging and fMRI and an open exploratory neurosurgery.

And block any contact with patient’s family while ignoring repeated messages from the legal department.
Save Hugh Laurie GIF by PeacockTV

• Haha
Lol. Imagine the cold sweats from cracking open a board exam and seeing nothing but page after page of this!
We are headed in that direction. I could make a full board MCQ test in this style with ChatGPT in about an hour.

Why is no one answering H?!?!?!

We are headed in that direction. I could make a full board MCQ test in this style with ChatGPT in about an hour.
But these aren't MCQs. no exam would ever allow questions like this because it's so poorly written and violates multiple basic principles of item writing. Certainly not the USMLEs, the PRITE, or the board exams. I've written MCQs for various bodies in the past and I don't see this happening. They don't pay physicians to write the questions in the first place (so would cost more to use AI), and they will still need editors (if used) and a statistician/psychometrist. Test security is also a big deal which would be compromised by using ChatGPT itself.

But these aren't MCQs. no exam would ever allow questions like this because it's so poorly written and violates multiple basic principles of item writing. Certainly not the USMLEs, the PRITE, or the board exams. I've written MCQs for various bodies in the past and I don't see this happening. They don't pay physicians to write the questions in the first place (so would cost more to use AI), and they will still need editors (if used) and a statistician/psychometrist. Test security is also a big deal which would be compromised by using ChatGPT itself.
This is just a joke question for entertainment.