Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychyatryme

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
With a USMLE I score of 199, US grad, what are my chances of matching to:

U of Connecticut
Emory
University of Massachusetts
Tufts
Albert Einstien
Mount Sinai
Yale
UCDavis
Loma Linda
U of Washington
U Arizona
University of Nevada
U of Colorado

Please only respond if your response is based in more than just pure speculation. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

You will have no responses. The best data available are from NRMP right on the data and reports section. No one has program-specific data available. i even doubt any of the residents at any of those programs know the aggregate data for their programs.

Another thing you can do is run a search on threads where forum members have volunteered their Step 1 scores and where they have interviewed/matched.

Members don't see this ad :)
What an odd collection of programs.

And what kind of question is this? Much more to the app than just a step 1 score. Obviously, your step 1 score is a weakness. Are numbers from random people going to change your app strategy? Or are you going to apply to these 'dream programs' anyway?

The best advice we can give you is: Don't limit yourself. Apply to your reaches and include some safeties.

Congratulations on choosing Psychiatry!

I think CK has it right - apply and see where you get interviews and go from there.

What an odd collection of programs.

And what kind of question is this? Much more to the app than just a step 1 score. Obviously, your step 1 score is a weakness. Are numbers from random people going to change your app strategy? Or are you going to apply to these 'dream programs' anyway?

The best advice we can give you is: Don't limit yourself. Apply to your reaches and include some safeties.

Absolutely, hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I think that the other posters are right regarding your application being much more than your step 1 score. Psych is not that competitive, yet. I think that you can definitely match to a good program with a 199, and you still have step 2 to do well on. But definitely apply and interview broadly. You should also try to get the best LOR's you can. And start working on your personal statement now: it is a long process that can be frustrating. Hopefully you can have many people read and edit your personal statement, or possibly pay to have an online service help with this also. And definitely get your ERAS application in as early as possible so you don't miss any possible interview offers.