Chances of Unlimited Scope in Podiatry??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doclm

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I was searching the internet recently and came across a discussion that was presented last year about Podiatry possibly getting unlimited scope by the year 2015.

Do any of you know if it has passed the legislation yet? I thought the date was going to be this April?

What do you know about this topic? Is it possibly a new vision of Podiatry or someone taking some high hopes a little too far?

By the way, I think it would be great if this process was actually going on.

Thanks for your feed back. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

doclm said:
Hello All,

I was searching the internet recently and came across a discussion that was presented last year about Podiatry possibly getting unlimited scope by the year 2015.

Do any of you know if it has passed the legislation yet? I thought the date was going to be this April?

What do you know about this topic? Is it possibly a new vision of Podiatry or someone taking some high hopes a little too far?

By the way, I think it would be great if this process was actually going on.

Thanks for your feed back. :thumbup:

I dont know a whole lot about it. But it was a resolution that APMA passed last year. I dont think it has been introduced to legislation yet and dont think it will for a while. We have a few other things that we need to take care of first. If this were to pass by 2015 it is not an attempt to become like an MD/DO in that pods would be able to obtain residencies from other specialties. It will just give more freedom when you are seeing a diabetic patient for example. If I am wrong someone please correct me.

vision 2015 is also to help with the variability of privelages among states. APMA is meeting again at the end of March....look for more info after that.