Chances of outta state admission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmd2be

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm new here, but just wondering what my outta state(or in state) chances are like. Heres the breakdown:

Academic Avg-23 (98.4%)
PAT-18
RC-25
QR-18
Bio-19
GC-25
OC-29

GPA-3.84, Science GPA=3.91, BCP-3.89 as a bacteriology major

I also have a few extracircular's, and volunteer at a hospital 16 hours a month. Would I have a shot at UNC as a out of state resident, or any other public schools out of state for that matter. I assume I will be fine in state? Thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

dmd2be said:
So I'm new here, but just wondering what my outta state(or in state) chances are like. Heres the breakdown:

Academic Avg-23 (98.4%)
PAT-18
RC-25
QR-18
Bio-19
GC-25
OC-29

GPA-3.84, Science GPA=3.91, BCP-3.89 as a bacteriology major

I also have a few extracircular's, and volunteer at a hospital 16 hours a month. Would I have a shot at UNC as a out of state resident, or any other public schools out of state for that matter. I assume I will be fine in state? Thanks..

Congrats on excellent scores. I'm sure you will have a shot at some public institution.

You have an excellent shot at UNC. Where are you doing your undergrad? And you'll have to change your name if you go to UNC...they award DDS, not DMD. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
what state are you from, that makes you want to apply out of state so badly?

Those scores are wonderful and I agree with everyone else in that you have a shot at a lot of state schools.

Thanks for all the responses, I'm from South Carolina, so its either MUSC or MUSC if I stay in state, and I'm not so sure I want to try and pay back a loan to go to Columbia, NYU, etc, hence my desire to attend a public school somewhere.