This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mike8

Reaction score
Hi, Everyone. I am applying for residency for the family medicine match 2023 circle. I had a misdemeanor conviction in 2019 for driving without car registration and insurance. the state doesn't expunge records. I have beaten myself up these past months for the terrible mistake and wanted to know if there are any chances programs would give me an interview or a possible match. what are your thoughts? any stories of any who went through a similar situation? do anyone know of medical graduates with misdemeanor convictions who got interviews, matched, or even finished residency? any ideas or information from colleagues, seniors or program directors, or coordinators will be immensely appreciated.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Clearly this did not inhibit your ability to get into med school, so I also would not expect this to be a big deal for residency. Wouldn't worry about this.

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds like a petty charge. As long as you appear apologetic and mention how you learned from it during your interview, you should be fine

Sounds like a petty charge. As long as you appear apologetic and mention how you learned from it during your interview, you should be fine

Hi, Everyone. I am applying for residency for the family medicine match 2023 circle. I had a misdemeanor conviction in 2019 for driving without car registration and insurance. the state doesn't expunge records. I have beaten myself up these past months for the terrible mistake and wanted to know if there are any chances programs would give me an interview or a possible match. what are your thoughts? any stories of any who went through a similar situation? do anyone know of medical graduates with misdemeanor convictions who got interviews, matched, or even finished residency? any ideas or information from colleagues, seniors or program directors, or coordinators will be immensely appreciated.
Thank you.
Is counted as a a criminal violation in your state or traffic violation? If traffic, I don't think you even have to mention it, if criminal, as another said, mention it and move on, I would not lose any sleep over it.

Reactions: 1 user