Chances of getting in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

npatell

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Undergrad GPA: 3.3
Science: around a 3.1
Health sciences major, 300 hours of observation, this includes an internship where I developed a web program for physical therapists to use when proctoring different tests. A functional toolbox you could call it

Extracurriculars
Discussion leader in the medical leadership society
Member of the physical therapy society
Order of Omega- the Greek honor society for those that excel in academia and leadership
Treasurer, academic chair and public relations chair of sorority
Academic chair of the entire Multicultural Greek Council composed of over 100 members and 12 organizations
Public relations chair for Relay for Life, the American Cancer Society
Was invited to attend the Congressional Leadership Program in 2010
Member of Indian subcontinent student association

GRE scores:
145 Qual
147 Quan
First time taking it

Not applying to any well known schools. Mostly schools like Touro, MGH, Mt. St. Mary's, etc.

What do y'all think? I'm pretty discouraged right now with my grades but I've been looking at schools with GPAs of accepted students around 3.2 So maybe I have a shot?

Any advice or uplifting stories?

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like you have some really great extracurricular and volunteer experiences.Your best bet would be to make a big effort to retake and improve your score on the GRE. Your GPA's are on the low end of the cut off, with most programs averaging about a 3.5 for the science work, although they vary on their stringency. MGH is not a lesser known program by any means, and is in fact very competitive to get into being ranked a top ten program. I visited them a few months ago, and they said they won't look at applicants with lower than 4.5 on the AW section of the GRE. Average accepted GRE scores were 155V and 156Q from what I remember. I know it is really hard to motivate for a retake(I took the test twice in order to bring up my low quant score)but if you want to have a fighting chance, you should definitely work on those scores.