Chances of Getting in - apply to more schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted771467

I would like to know my chances of getting accepted, and if I should apply to more schools this cycle. I applied to 11 schools, but I've been told that because of my stats, I should apply to more schools to increase my chances of getting in.

My Stats:
Gen. GPA: 3.3
Sci GPA: 3.0
DAT AA: 22
DAT Sci: 22
Shadowing: 200hrs
Volunteer: 200hrs
Prior Military, w/ 2 overseas deployment.

I would really appreciate some input on my chances of getting in this cycle, and if I should look into applying to more schools.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I really think your military experience will be your ticket to a couple acceptances this cycle, despite the low GPA. DAT and ECs are great. I'd still apply to more than 11 schools though if you really want to lock in those interviews/acceptances so you're not hinging on one or two or three interviews. Spend the extra money on a couple more schools so you can buy your peace of mind and not be sitting at the edge of your seat until Dec. 1. I'd do 15-20.

Reactions: 1 user
11 is quite a bit... but I do think it might be in your best interest being on the borderline. It's worth any amount of money to get in if this is what you've been working towards

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the feedback guys.

In regards to the interview, I heard that many people prepare a lot. I was thinking the opposite, I want to be honest and to come off as a real person, the person I am.

Do you guys think I should review interview questions, and practice interview techniques, or not?

In regards to the interview, I heard that many people prepare a lot. I was thinking the opposite, I want to be honest and to come off as a real person, the person I am.

Do you guys think I should review interview questions, and practice interview techniques, or not?

I would because even though I did, there were several questions in some interviews that I was just not expecting even though I had look over a lot of stuff. I also made sure to "outline" what I wanted to say for those interview questions to hit the key points but not make it repetitive (word for word) so I wouldn't sound like a robot!

Reactions: 1 users

Definitely review questions and have a general idea of how you'd respond to them. Certain schools, like Minnesota, are notorious for asking questions in a particular manner (they style their questions like "tell me a time when......"), and knowing that beforehand helps a ton during the actual interview. In order to avoid coming off as rehearsed, try not to memorize your responses; again, just have an idea of what you'd like to talk about. Good luck!

Thank you, I see where you guys are coming from.
Does anyone know a good source of questions?
Any old threads on SDN, that you guys recommend?

Reactions: 2 users