Chances MCAT pending, AMCAS GPA 3.16 BCPM 3.08

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alongs50

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize I shouldn't even be applying MD but any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Just plugged my stats into the AMCAS GPA calculator, which took my schools version way down.

From my school
cGPA ~ 3.28
sGPA ~ 3.47

but that includes the forgiveness policy for a D+ replacement in calc, and GPAless grades for organic 1 and 2 (which I got C+'s in over the summer)

Anyways, the AMCAS GPA calculator spit out these
cGPA ~ 3.159
BCPM ~ 3.082
c (all other) GPA ~ 3.269

So it really just killed my motivation. How reliable is that calculator? and where do they factor in withdrawals?

Also, I took the MCAT last year, got a 26. Took it again June 21st, and waiting on the score.

I've got pretty good EC's: altern. spring break, lots of work experience (2 labs, assistant manager, sales rep), clinical community service at 3 places, study abroad (bilingual), ran a huge fundraiser (>$32000), shadowed 170 hrs, tutored through school, cofounded a fraternity

Ive looked through MSAR and there are schools that dip into my GPA range (assuming I do ok on my mcat retake). Should I bother throwing some tentacles out there for MD? And what would my chances be for a DO school like PCOM?
:(

Members don't see this ad.

I realize I shouldn't even be applying MD but any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Just plugged my stats into the AMCAS GPA calculator, which took my schools version way down.

From my school
cGPA ~ 3.28
sGPA ~ 3.47

but that includes the forgiveness policy for a D+ replacement in calc, and GPAless grades for organic 1 and 2 (which I got C+'s in over the summer)

Anyways, the AMCAS GPA calculator spit out these
cGPA ~ 3.159
BCPM ~ 3.082
c (all other) GPA ~ 3.269

So it really just killed my motivation. How reliable is that calculator? and where do they factor in withdrawals?

Also, I took the MCAT last year, got a 26. Took it again June 21st, and waiting on the score.

I've got pretty good EC's: altern. spring break, lots of work experience (2 labs, assistant manager, sales rep), clinical community service at 3 places, study abroad (bilingual), ran a huge fundraiser (>$32000), shadowed 170 hrs, tutored through school, cofounded a fraternity

Ive looked through MSAR and there are schools that dip into my GPA range (assuming I do ok on my mcat retake). Should I bother throwing some tentacles out there for MD? And what would my chances be for a DO school like PCOM?
What MD schools are anywhere near your GPA range?

How were your practice exam scores prior to the retake of the MCAT? Which tests did you use and were these all the first time you used these practice exams?

W's are not factored into your GPA.

Did you have an upward trend to your GPA(ie 2.0 freshman year, 3.0 sophomore, 4.0 junior) or was it basically the same throughout college?

Members don't see this ad :)

AACOMAS would be more forgiving/more like your university's GPA as they do grade replacements instead of averaging.

No chance for MD, but should be OK for some DO schools. Those people in the 8% chance range mentioned in the previous post are "specials" or "legacies", ie, friends/children of alumni/faculty/Deans or related to major donors.

(>$32000), shadowed 170 hrs, tutored through school, cofounded a fraternity