Chances for MD or DO school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

throw

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I will be submitting both AMCAS and AACOMAS apps
with the following credentials

- I have a 3.2 cum and 3.08 science gpa
- my first two years were engineering and at a private school and I shat the bed.
- I then transferred to a public school and since then posted a 3.67 cum and 3.67 sgpa
- 31O mcat
- shadowed md and 2 d.o.'s
- no research
-volunteer at homeless health clinic
- work as a pharmacy tech

I'm not sure if they look as specific science course grades but I'm hoping they do since I got A's in the following upper level courses: anat, physio, microbio, neurobio, endocrin, pathophys

What do you think my chances are? Will my cum and sgpa's really hold me back? Anything else I could add to do in the coming year that I could add to the updated apps in december?

Thanks for your time

Members don't see this ad.

did you get into trouble with you institution for s**ting the bed? don't feel bad, it happens.

seriously though, your mcat isn't really high enough to make up for your cgpa and sgpa. you are going to have better luck with DO schools. MAYBE your state schools, depending on the state. doubtful though. apply broadly DO, be realistic for MD and you might have a chance. you can probably get in somewhere for DO but you are about average.