Chances for Masters in Diplomacy turned Med School Hopeful

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MellyFresh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have recently found myself in a strange position. Let me lay it out simply. I am 22 and will finish my Masters in Diplomacy soon. Last year I took an EMT class and (in an almost cheesy revelation way) realized I wanted to be a doctor. Here's my situation and I was wondering if any of you are either familiar with this kind of situation or have any input whatsoever as to what my chances are. I'll give you a brief summary:

-Went to CC for 2 years

-Got BA from State University of New York four year Uni

-Graduated as top student of the International Relations dept.

-Received other awards

-Attending University of Norwich Masters in Diplomacy program

-Certified EMT-B

This is where it gets interesting (or depressing). I took no premed classes. That said, I'm kind of a psychopath and I am taking my two Gen Chem classes this summer at a CC and my alma mater university. This fall I am signed up to take the Org. Chem, Phy 1, Bio 1, and pre-calc at my SUNY universityCome spring, the rest. Then I will take the Summer MCAT.

I have a GPA of about 3.9 with my MDY work included (4.0 MDY, 3.73 from BA and 3.97 from AA).

So far, I'm doing splendidly in Gen Chem (if that can even be construed as any indicator).

I don't know if it's relevant, but the essence of my MD goal is to do what I was doing with my IR background, which is work with underserved populations, especially in the developing world. Does the goal of public medicine help?

Does anyone know what my chances might be?

Thank you all in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: