Chances for DR Re-applicant - Current PGY-1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RadAurelius

Reaction score
2nd time applying to Rads (100 programs; R, PGY-1, PGY-2 spots) -- Where do I stand?

Profile:
Current PGY-1 in Transitional Year program
US-IMG (2021), ECFMG-certified
Step 1 225, Step 2 247
14 publications incl. posters, case reports, peer-reviewed papers
Signaled low-tier programs in urban settings

Members don't see this ad.

I successfully as a reapplicant two cycles ago as a usdo. It is honestly really difficult right now to match into DR. Did you apply to another specialty in 2021? I am the same year. I think your IMG status will hurt you a lot. Your step 1 is kind of low and step 2 is below the average score for matched applicants.

My second cycle, I got more interviews but that was because I applied to every single program that took DOs in the past. I didn’t have signals my year but I would have used them in smart geographic choices that regularly took DOs or grads from my school.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't see any reason why you aren't applying to every program in the country. The extra couple thousand is absolutely worth it

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't see any reason why you aren't applying to every program in the country. The extra couple thousand is absolutely worth it
Yeah if you’re an IMG with a 225 1 there’s no question you apply everywhere, sounds like OP is going off of outdated data

2nd time applying to Rads (100 programs; R, PGY-1, PGY-2 spots) -- Where do I stand?

Profile:
Current PGY-1 in Transitional Year program
US-IMG (2021), ECFMG-certified
Step 1 225, Step 2 247
14 publications incl. posters, case reports, peer-reviewed papers
Signaled low-tier programs in urban settings
how many interviews did you get the first time with such a limited application strategy?