Chances for 30S MCAT and 3.73 GPA, Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fastlane

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Strenghts: Research, Shadowing, Bio engineering,

Neutral: GPA,

Weaknesses: MCAT, lack of clinical based internist shadowing,

To me your application looks good, and you should be able to get into one of the Illinois schools. If you are interested in pursuing one of the "top" research schools, you will probably need to retake the MCAT, but if you are fine with your score you should be able to get in somewhere if you apply early and broadly.

In determining which schools to apply to, I would first determine how much money you have to put toward your application process, as this does play a part in Determination. If money is not an issue, I would add a few (~3) DO schools, a few "reach" schools based on GPA and MCAT, and then the majority of "match" schools where you fall around their 50th % of MCAT and GPA.

Strenghts: Research, Shadowing, Bio engineering,

Neutral: GPA,

Weaknesses: MCAT, lack of clinical based internist shadowing,

To me your application looks good, and you should be able to get into one of the Illinois schools. If you are interested in pursuing one of the "top" research schools, you will probably need to retake the MCAT, but if you are fine with your score you should be able to get in somewhere if you apply early and broadly.

In determining which schools to apply to, I would first determine how much money you have to put toward your application process, as this does play a part in Determination. If money is not an issue, I would add a few (~3) DO schools, a few "reach" schools based on GPA and MCAT, and then the majority of "match" schools where you fall around their 50th % of MCAT and GPA.
-

Last edited: