Chances at these schools? 32Q 3.85 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gingersnaps08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
10V, 11 PS, 11 B
Summer fellowship-clinical work/shadowing doctors
paper publication
tutor/summer advisor
habitat for humanity
Pediatric oncology hospital volunteer
double maj anthro/bio
MI resident

what do you think my chances are at my reach schools?:

UChicago
Univ of Michigan
Northwestern
Columbia
Emory
Duke

Members don't see this ad.

although your stats are good, thousands of other students have equal or better stats. I would suggest applying to some top-tier schools like the ones you mentioned plus some safety schools. Also, make sure you apply in-state. From what I've learned, there is no such thing as a shoe-in for med schools

although your stats are good, thousands of other students have equal or better stats. I would suggest applying to some top-tier schools like the ones you mentioned plus some safety schools. Also, make sure you apply in-state. From what I've learned, there is no such thing as a shoe-in for med schools

I think you're good to go for at least an interview from U Mich. The others are a toss up. I'm sure you'll get in somewhere! Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was rejected right off the bat @ UChicago, Colombia, and Emory with a 4.0 and 30 MCAT. However, I'd say you have a good chance at Michigan and many other top tier schools. Consider the following:

University of Colorado
University of Virginia
University of Alabama
University of Pittsburgh

be more specific about the paper pub...if you can get a first author in a solid basic science journal, then you could easily get in to any of those schools.