Chances? 3.47 cgpa 3.49 sgpa 501 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monkey9898

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm on the fritz of what to do for applying to DO school.
Asian male
State: TX
Graduated: fall 2016
3.47 cgpa
3.49 sgpa all with upward trend
Only one mcat score 501 (126, 123, 127, 125)
My ECs are avg, 1000 hours research in Lyme disease, shadowing nephrologist, good amount shadowing a DO, Vp of a club for a year, random volunteering here and there and 40-50 hours in habitat for humanity and 4 letter, two professors and one md and one DO. Lot of flag football IM championships and coached and played for our regional and national representating team men's women's corec, I don't know if that stuff is worth mentioning though. I really wanted to get into western on the west coast but my current list is

Rocky Mountains vista com Colorado
Touro com ny
Touro com henderson
Touro com vallejo
WesternU com pamona
Burrell com New Mexico
Incarnate ward com San Antonio
Chicago com midwestern university
Acom auburn
Azcom midwestern university
Atsu soma com - mesa Arizona
Rowansom - New Jersey
NYITCOM - NY
TXOM - fortworth
WVSOM - West Virginia
PCOM - Philadelphia

So I'm wondering if I should still apply and retake mcat on 8/24 or 9/1 or edit my school list etc. any advice appreciated!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

No such thing as acom auburn. There is acom and there is vcom auburn.

You've got a decent chance at the new schools. Coastal Touros and midwestern schools not so much. They like higher MCATs, apply if you got the cash but save it if there are other schools you can apply to

I would cut out the Touros, Midwesterns and AZCOM as they really go for higher 506+ MCAT but I'd still apply if money and time is not a problem. Also get rid of Rowansom, and NYITCOM, they have a heavy instate bias. Check the below link to see which schools took students from Texas.

http://www.aacom.org/docs/default-source/data-and-trends/2015_MatCOMState.pdf?sfvrsn=14

I think you would have a chance at an interview for all of the below schools:
ACOM
BCOM
CUSOM
VCOM - Auburn
VCOM - CC
VCOM - VC
LECOM
LECOM - Bradenton
LUCOM
LMU-DCOM
NSU-COM
PCOM
PCOM - GA
RVUCOM
RVUCOM - Utah
UNECOM
UIWSOM
UNTHSC/TCOM
WVSOM
WCUCOM

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree 100%, but I can't recommend LUCOM.

I would cut out the Touros, Midwesterns and AZCOM as they really go for higher 506+ MCAT but I'd still apply if money and time is not a problem. Also get rid of Rowansom, and NYITCOM, they have a heavy instate bias. Check the below link to see which schools took students from Texas.

http://www.aacom.org/docs/default-source/data-and-trends/2015_MatCOMState.pdf?sfvrsn=14

I think you would have a chance at an interview for all of the below schools:
ACOM
BCOM
CUSOM
VCOM - Auburn
VCOM - CC
VCOM - VC
LECOM
LECOM - Bradenton
LUCOM
LMU-DCOM
NSU-COM
PCOM
PCOM - GA
RVUCOM
RVUCOM - Utah
UNECOM
UIWSOM
UNTHSC/TCOM
WVSOM
WCUCOM

Just apply early and broadly. You got pretty decent stats

Thanks for the responses y'all, will look at all those schools and edit my list!