chance me prettyyy please?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bma43

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
get a 4.0 for your final two years. if you want an MD i'd considering taking a gap year and use the next two years to raise your gpa. if you're content with DO, i think you'd be okay applying next summer.

also a lot depends on your mcat obviously.

hi all!

I'll be a junior in the fall, and I was wondering if you could give me an idea if I have a shot at an MD school. my gpa is a bit low, so if med school were out of the question this round, i wouldnt want to spend the money on an MCAT prep class this fall.

-major: biostatistics, minor: global health
-cGPA: 3.4, sGPA:3.2 (i know, i know...)
-ivy league undergrad
-research internship this summer in neonatology (looking at therm and glucose homeostasis, and respiratory outcomes in infants)
-early childhood cognition research, 2 semesters (and continuing)
-population genetics research, 1 semester
-shadowing: 100ish hours thus far
-statistics tutor, 1 year and continuing
-premed honors society (volunteering, mentoring, etc.)
-50ish hours volunteering (all over the board though, not in one place)
-worked as a unit secretary in a hospital 2 summers ago
-student ambassador

i'm open to DO schools as well. chance me please?? other tips/recommendations on ways to improve my application would be greatly appreciated :)

Ivy UG open to DO? I applaud you (really).

Get a solid MCAT score (30+) and you'll be good to go for DO. If you haven't started studying for the MCAT yet, then this cycle is out of the question. Study in the winter/spring of next year and apply in June 2013.

Ivy UG open to DO? I applaud you (really).

Get a solid MCAT score (30+) and you'll be good to go for DO. If you haven't started studying for the MCAT yet, then this cycle is out of the question. Study in the winter/spring of next year and apply in June 2013.

Even if he gets 27-28, it's good enough for DO school, imo.