CHANCE ME PLS :-)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ma410

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Date Submitted: 7/9/19
Date Verified: 7/15/19
Overall GPA: 3.31
Science GPA: 3.23
(upward trend of 3.85 the last 30 credits of college)

DAT score (include AA and all sections):
AA:20 TS:20 Bio: 19 GC: 20 OC: 23 PAT:25 RC:19 QR:21
State of Residence: GA

Major:
Biology
Minor: No
Minority?
No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: +300 hours at multiple clinics (Private offices, corporate offices, and public health center)

Volunteering Experience: Around 250+ hours of volunteer experiences.

Research: None

Other Extracurriculars: President of 2 organizations in college, Deans list for 4 semesters, worked in a pharmacy for 2.5 years

School list:
-BU
- Nova
-LECOM
- Tufts
- Touro
- NYU
- DCG
- Roseman
- Western U
- ASDOH-AZ
-Maryland

I understand my stats are super average. This is currently my gap year and my first time applying. Currently, I am trying to find work in a dentist office or a dental related field (no luck right now). What do you guys think an appropriate backup plan should be in case I don't get in?

Should I retake my DAT at the end of September and hope for a 23+? Or should I apply for a 1-year masters program and apply again next cycle and update the application with the grades? HELP I'm really nervous

Members don't see this ad.

Date Submitted: 7/9/19
Date Verified: 7/15/19
Overall GPA: 3.31
Science GPA: 3.23
(upward trend of 3.85 the last 30 credits of college)

DAT score (include AA and all sections): AA:20 TS:20 Bio: 19 GC: 20 OC: 23 PAT:25 RC:19 QR:21
State of Residence: GA

Major:
Biology
Minor: No
Minority?
No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: +300 hours at multiple clinics (Private offices, corporate offices, and public health center)

Volunteering Experience: Around 250+ hours of volunteer experiences.

Research: None

Other Extracurriculars: President of 2 organizations in college, Deans list for 4 semesters, worked in a pharmacy for 2.5 years

School list:
-BU
- Nova
-LECOM
- Tufts
- Touro
- NYU
- DCG
- Roseman
- Western U
- ASDOH-AZ
-Maryland

I understand my stats are super average. This is currently my gap year and my first time applying. Currently, I am trying to find work in a dentist office or a dental related field (no luck right now). What do you guys think an appropriate backup plan should be in case I don't get in?

Should I retake my DAT at the end of September and hope for a 23+? Or should I apply for a 1-year masters program and apply again next cycle and update the application with the grades? HELP I'm really nervous

For your backup plan, I would be more worried about your GPA than your DAT. 3.31/3.23 is lower than the average oGPA/sGPA for almost all the schools on your list. I think you should definitely consider applying for a masters program rather than retaking your DAT if you had to choose one or the other.

Reactions: 1 user
Your stats are good, but you need a wow factor. Something that will really set you apart.