"Challenge" Question on App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wizarddoc2213

I am Beyonce, always.
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I am looking to pre-write some of my secondaries, and I saw from previous years that a lot of schools include the "describe a challenge/how you overcame that challenge" question.

My entire personal statement is about overcoming health and sports related challenges and the lessons I learned from these challenges. Furthermore, I discuss another academic challenge in my "most meaningful experience" portion of my app. I clearly do not want to repeat any of these topics during my secondaries. I was just wondering if writing about how when I took my MCAT the first time, I scored in the "40-something" percentile and thought that a career in medicine was not going to happen, despite putting a lot of effort into studying for this exam. Then through addressing my weaknesses, and learning new study methods, I raised my scored to the "86th" percentile. This the lessons learned blah blah blah.

Just wanted to see if this was a decent "challenge" to mention since the many other aspects of my application describe overcoming a challenge.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.