This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilyannehope

Reaction score
Please no negative comments....this is obviously a huge mistake I have made, but something I now need to deal
with. I was accepted into a DPT program and now will be going through a background check. A couple of years ago, I got a DWI with exactly a .081 bac, so I was able to get it dropped to a careless driving. I am not sure how it would show up on this type or background check or if this could affect my admission into the school. If anyone has any insight or a similar situation, it would be greatly appreciated. I thought about talking to the school, but wouldn’t want to disclose more than what would show up on the background check. Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Please no negative comments....this is obviously a huge mistake I have made, but something I now need to deal
with. I was accepted into a DPT program and now will be going through a background check. A couple of years ago, I got a DWI with exactly a .081 bac, so I was able to get it dropped to a careless driving. I am not sure how it would show up on this type or background check or if this could affect my admission into the school. If anyone has any insight or a similar situation, it would be greatly appreciated. I thought about talking to the school, but wouldn’t want to disclose more than what would show up on the background check. Thank you!!
I PM'd you -
Pretty sure careless driving shows up as a misdemeanor, which I think shows up on a background check. It shouldn't show that it was from drinking, it'll just say careless or reckless or whatever. If it does show up, I am not sure how the school handles it - if they reach out to you about it, shrug it off, decline you, etc.
I personally wouldn't want to draw attention to it and would wait to see what the school does, not sure if that's the right thing to do but it's what my gut says...lol.
Other people have posted with similar concerns, try doing a search on the forum and see what comes up.
Good luck