Certified ROL 2010: Post Yours!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bitsy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's getting to that time of year...time for us to start making our ROL's. OBP, I stole your title thread from last year and just changed the year :)

I'm still not certified, but here are my top 5 in alphabetical order:
1. Arkansas
2. Baylor
3. Cincinnati
4. Phoenix/Maricopa
5. Pittsburgh

Also, have one interview left this week at Utah!

Members don't see this ad.

It's getting to that time of year...time for us to start making our ROL's. OBP, I stole your title thread from last year and just changed the year :)

I'm still not certified, but here are my top 5 in alphabetical order:
1. Arkansas
2. Baylor
3. Cincinnati
4. Phoenix/Maricopa
5. Pittsburgh

Also, have one interview left this week at Utah!

Dude...seriously. :sleep: No one cares! Should you guys even be posting this on an open forum?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like it's been a yearly tradition for a little while now... chill out

I'm chill! :D Just seems a little careless and a little "premed" like. But by all means...post away. Maybe even post your USMLE scores and you personal stats while at it. :thumbup:

Here is my list:

1. CHOC
2. Maimonides Medical Center
3. Northwestern
4. Our Lady of the Lake Children's Hospital
5. SUNY Downstate

Last edited:
Dude...seriously. :sleep: No one cares! Should you guys even be posting this on an open forum?

Posting certified ROLs is a tradition in almost all of the subspecialty forums on SDN, has been for many years, and is of interest to most people who click on the thread. Before the certifying date, posting ones top 3-5 in random or alphabetical order might be a good idea, although I'd doubt that any programs are going to try to figure it out.

After the programs have certified their list, there is no reason not to post in the actual order, except that some folks might not want others to know if they ended up at a non-first choice.

If this thread bothers you, then perhaps you should not keep checking it and let the many others who find this of interest post away.

Edit: Here is last years thread

Somebody is a little cranky, no need to feel insecure. We're all in the same boat.

Here is my list:
1. Northwestern
2. SUNY Downstate
3. CHOC
4. Maimonides Medical Center
5. Our Lady of the Lake Children's Hospital

Not sure which boat you're referring to...hence the "attending" next to my name. I just don't think it is wise to post such info. In any case...I'm out...enjoy your rank list thread.

Last edited:
Cincinnati Children's
OSU
University of Tennessee- Chattanooga
Virginia Commonwealth Univ.
Wash U/St. Louis

Some small programs, some big programs, didn't know what I was looking for so just went with 1st impression/gut feeling :)

Here's a top 7:

CHOC
Denver
University of Arizona
University of Michigan
UTSW - Austin
University of Utah
Wake Forest

Oy vey! I could end up in any time zone!

Last edited:
Here's a top 7:

CHOC
Denver
University of Arizona
University of Michigan
UTSW - Austin
University of Utah
Wake Forest

Oy vey! I could end up in any time zone!

What do you mean by "UTSW - Austin"?

I believe UTSW and UT-Austin are 2 separate programs

What do you mean by "UTSW - Austin"?

I believe UTSW and UT-Austin are 2 separate programs

I believe Austin wasn't previously officially sponsored by a school, but about a month ago I got an e-mail from the program with the following line:

"The reason for my email is to remind you that our program is now officially
sponsored by the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School."

It's one of those changes I didn't realize what happening until I got there. I also didn't realize CHOC was merging with UC-Irvine, though that won't happen for another year or two.

I believe Austin wasn't previously officially sponsored by a school, but about a month ago I got an e-mail from the program with the following line:

It's one of those changes I didn't realize what happening until I got there. I also didn't realize CHOC was merging with UC-Irvine, though that won't happen for another year or two.

gotcha

Actually, Dell used to be part of the UTMB system. As part of UTMB's ongoing post-hurricane issues, UTSW took over Dell's program.

Members don't see this ad :)
How does this affect applications to both UTSW and Austin??

How does this affect applications to both UTSW and Austin??

It shouldn't affect UTSW at all. I think Austin's NRMP ID may have changed? I'm not sure, my wife decided not to rank it so I don't have it in front of me. That email you got from Dell should have explained any ID change, I think.

Top 7 in Alphabetical Order...

Baylor
Carolinas Medical Center
Cincinnati
Ohio State
Rainbow Babies
UTSW-Dallas
Wake Forest

Now to figure out a definite order... :confused:

I'm chill! :D Just seems a little careless and a little "premed" like. But by all means...post away. Maybe even post your USMLE scores and you personal stats while at it. :thumbup:

rotatores,

you are an attending now and it seems like you have lost touch with what it is like to be a med student or resident. It sucks to work with people who forget where they come from.

remember when you posted this?

thread_hot_new.gif
USMLE World Scores and Step II Scores
Views: 380,582
Posted By rotatores
icon1.gif
Got my score back today...224. hey...at...

Got my score back today...224.

hey...at least its better then step 1.

rotatores

rotatores,

you are an attending now and it seems like you have lost touch with what it is like to be a med student or resident. It sucks to work with people who forget where they come from.

remember when you posted this?

thread_hot_new.gif
USMLE World Scores and Step II Scores
Views: 380,582
Posted By rotatores
icon1.gif
Got my score back today...224. hey...at...

Got my score back today...224.

hey...at least its better then step 1.

rotatores

Wow...your very first post! :laugh: Congrats? So what's your real avatar? BTW...me posting my step 2 score in regard to USMLE World prep course percentile (see my prior posts in that thread) has nothing to do with posting rank order. I'm referring to being careless in today's not so anonymous forums.

Last edited:
In this day and age, with all the information and websites out there, who has time to look at SDN and all the forums and guess which user is which applicant? Most places interview over 50, some over 150. Even if a place only interviews 20 applicants, will a PD change an ROL based on an ROL of a forum user and guessing which applicant he/she is. Most PDs flat out say, we rank based on what we think of you, not how you will rank us, let alone PDs guessing ROL of anonymous online users. Many programs also consist of a panel of faculty making a ROL. Would a PD or chief in such a meeting between faculty say, "you know, I looked at SDN, and based on this one forum user, I think he is ranking us low, so let's rank him low too." Yeah right.

Even if PDs did do this, and you are trying to convey the message that one needs to be careful about being opened about one's ROL, you don't have to sound like such a jerk about it. I picked peds because people are generally nicer. At least from your posts on this topic, you seem quite mean, and I wouldn't want you to be my attending. Maybe you are nicer in real life, and I think if your posts on this topic are nicer, people would take your message to heart more. Just my thought, ignore it if you so please.

C'mon folks, this thread is about posting rank order lists, not for insults or comments pro or con the practice of posting info on the internet. Don't make me close this thread and start a new one that's on topic. Any more off topic posts get deleted. This thread is for the lists and comments related to folks' lists.

Top 5 in alphabetical order

Children's OC
Kaiser - Los Angeles
UC Davis
UCLA
University of Chicago

err will post AFTER Weds at 9pm ;)

Last edited:
okay folks, they're certified....

post away!
okay, but i still don't want to reveal the actual order. my top 6, in alphabetical order:

cincinnati
columbus (nationwide)
duke
michigan
pittsburgh
vanderbilt

Carolinas Medical Center
MCG
MUSC
UAB
UF- Gainesville

:luck: Good luck everyone!