Certified ROL 2009: Post yours!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swcjack

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I doubt I am the first, but I just certified my ROL and it is such a relief, sort of. At least I will not be obsessing about which program to rank first every minute of the day. It is nice to commit but oh so hard. Now I just have to wait....
Here are my top 5 (alphabetical order) - Denver, Childrens Mercy (KC), Portland, Seattle, Utah
Anybody else already certified?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Me too! Anyone want to share choices? For me its Boston, CHOP, Columbia, Hopkins, and Pittsburgh (in alphabetical order).

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Top 6 in alphabetical order...I'd be really happy to go to any of these places:

Arizona, Arkansas, Ohio State, Utah, UT-Southwestern, Wake Forest

Last edited:
I certified a few days ago... it DOES feel so nice. I put a lot of thought into it and am going to stay away from editing now ;)

Alphabetical: Albany, Baystate, (U)Conn, Jacobi, Maine, (U)Mass, SUNY Stony Brook

Top 5 in alphabetical order:

Cincinnati
Medical College of Wisconsin
Northwestern
U of Chicago
Wash U

Good luck everyone! :)

Top five, alphabetized:

Cincinnati
Indiana
MCOW
Nationwide
Utah

Here are my top 6 in alphabet soup:

Duke
Emory
Mott/University of Michigan
Nationwide/Ohio State
Phoenix/Marcopia
Rainbow Babies/Cleveland

I like them all, so I know I'll be happy on match day.

Last edited:
Here's mine:

1. Cincinnati
2. Pittsburgh
3. Vanderbilt
4. Ohio State
5. Akron

Why alphabetical, why not actual order?

1. UNC
2. Stanford
3. Mich
4. Wash U
5. Boston Combined

How many of you guys wrote letters to program directors of your top choice(s) telling them they were top choices? Also, not sure how much the second look matters in terms of rankings........I was comfortable ranking w/o it, but I feel like programs might not think I'm interested if I don't go back. So do I go back even though I already submitted? I also, uh, didn't write thank you notes to every where I visited. So sick of this whole process..........

Members don't see this ad :)
Because I'm not entirely anonymous, I'll stick with alphabetical rather than actual order. Not incredibly interesting, since I applied geographically, but here's the top 5.

Baystate
Floating Children's (Tufts)
Mass General
UConn
UMass

EDIT: I guess it wasn't technically certified when I posted it yesterday, but it is now.

Last edited:
Can I play too? I'm triple board so it definitely limits my options. But I <3 all of my top five places (alpha order): Brown, Cincinnati, Indiana, Pittsburgh, Utah.

In alpha order:

Cincinnati
Denver
Pittsburgh
Vanderbilt
WashU

Last edited:
In alpha order....though I don't even know in which order I want to put them in yet! (Now accepting opinions/feedback)

Cincinnati
Denver
Pittsburgh
Vanderbilt
WashU

The only one I interviewed at was Pittsburgh...I actually almost canceled that interview and am sooo glad I didn't! The program director seemed awesome, the new hospital is beautiful, and I think Pittsburgh would be the kind of place that would grow on my. It's not my very first choice, to be honest, for geographic reasons more than anything else, but I did like that program. I don't really have anything to contribute about the other ones, but I'm sure they're all great options!

Top 5 Alphabetical:

CHOP/UPenn
Cleveland Clinic Childrens
Jefferson/duPont Childrens
Penn State Childrens
University of Maryland Childrens

Baylor
Denver
Kansas City (Children's Mercy)
Oklahoma
UT Southwestern
Wash U

Ok, I will play :)

Baylor
Tufts (Floating)
Univ of Chicago
UT Southwestern
Yale

In alphabetical order:

Cincinnati
Emory
Ohio State
Rainbow Babies
Univ of Louisville

University of Wisconsin
University of Arizona
Childrens National Medical Center
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (MCW)
Brown

Reverse Alphabetical order

Applied geographically due to spouse's career. I'll list these in alphabetical order.

Children's Hospital of Wisconsin-MCW
Christ Advocate Hospital
Mayo-Rochester
Northwestern
University of Chicago

I think it is about time that I chime in. Now, I am including my top 7 since I may change a few around as top 5 are not set in stone.

Brown
Children's Memorial/NWU
Cornell
DC Children's
Hopkins
Seattle Children's
Yale

Best of luck to everyone in this craziness!

I would love some feedback about any of these programs so I can get a different point of view. From talking to my colleagues, it does make a difference depending on when you interviewed. For example, at one program at which I interviewed, no interns showed up to the pre-interview dinner (major red flag for me), but a ton showed up for some of my friends' dinners.

Thanks so much!

Is it me, or did more people post their lists last year?

CHLA
CHOC
LAC + USC
UC-Irvine
UCLA
UCSD

:xf:!

No joke....people need to fess up

Children's Memorial/Northwestern
Children's National Med Center
Johns Hopkins
Rady's/UCSD
Seattle Children's
University of Michigan

Is it me, or did more people post their lists last year?

It seems like more people participated in the interview experiences thread and other discussions in general in past years. Oh well.

uh, yeah, ROL-eve changes:
1. Boston Children's

Last edited:
In alpha order....though I don't even know in which order I want to put them in yet! (Now accepting opinions/feedback)

Cincinnati
Denver
Pittsburgh
Vanderbilt
WashU

not sure what you are looking for in a program, but they all look like great options. went to pitt and wash U and loved them both - amazing facilities, great program directors, diverse patient population. heard great things about the others on the interview trail as well.

CHOP
Cincinnati
UCSF
Vanderbilt
Wash U

From North to South, top 6...

Northwestern
UofC
Pitt
CHOP
Hopkins
Cinci

Can't wait for the 19th :xf:

It's done. Finally.

Top 6 in alpha order:

Emory
Hopkins
OHSU
Seattle Children's
UCLA
University of New Mexico

Boston Combined
CHOP
Seattle Children's
Stanford
UCLA

And now...we wait

How many of you guys wrote letters to program directors of your top choice(s) telling them they were top choices? Also, not sure how much the second look matters in terms of rankings........I was comfortable ranking w/o it, but I feel like programs might not think I'm interested if I don't go back. So do I go back even though I already submitted? I also, uh, didn't write thank you notes to every where I visited. So sick of this whole process..........

I am definitely sick of this whole process as well. I didn't "play the game" when I applied to medical school because I have no patience for anything that feels insincere or fake. Anyway, I didn't want to regret things this go around. That being said, I wrote a letter to the program director at my number one program. I received one of those "talk to you soon" responses you hear about, so I am very curious to see how this turns out.

Top 5 in ACTUAL order 'cause I would be so happy and honored to be at ANY of these 5 programs:

CHOP
Rainbow
Northwestern
Pitt
Brown

East to West
Columbia
Mt. Sinai
U.T. Houston
U.C. Davis
CH-Oakland

Children's National
LAC + USC
UConn

They are backup options in case I don't match rads. :rolleyes:

In alpha order
Albert Einstein/Jacobi
Georgetown
University of Miami
NYU
SUNY Downstate

Good luck to all of you!

As having posted the list of my top 7 was a bit much, I wanted to include my top 5 now that the list is final (in alpha order):

Brown
Children's Memorial/Northwestern
Cornell
Hopkins
Yale

No order

baylor
du pont
ut houston
winthrop
schneider
st. Chris