Century Tower

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prettymean

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I would like to know if there are grocery stores or supermarkets within walking distance of Century Tower at the UHS.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

In a short response, no. And even if there were grocery stores nearby I wouldn't "walk" there by myself. I think that most of the CT folks find someone with a car and go together when they get the chance. The one major problem with living at CT is lack of nearby conveniences such as grocery stores, movie rentals, restaurants, etc.
And I am sure you noticed that the neighborhood isn't the best. I have a friend in CT who wanted to walk at night to the local corner store to get a quart of milk and changed her mind because she didn't feel safe.
Personally, you couldn't pay me to live at CT. 4 cars were broken into at school (across the street from CT in broad daylight) last December, and a few more attempts were made in January.
Some folks like the convenience of being right across the street from school, but then you have to deal with everyday issues such as buying groceries.
Just my 2 cents worth.
:rolleyes:

Actually, there is a grocery store about a five minute walk just down the street. Although it doesn't have enverything you might want, its more than adequate for most people. I actually live here (CT), and I would recommend it for the convenience to the school. Despite what some people say, I think its a pretty good place to live if you're single. I often walk to and from the grocery store, drug store and post office, and I've never felt unsafe. That might just be me, though. The main issue people had earlier were the elevators constantly malfunctioning, but since they replaced both units, there have been no problems. And to set the record straight, those 4 cars that were broken into were at UHS, not at Century Towers, which has a closed parking lot.