Centura Health Posting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jondunn

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Are these the ones that require you to enter an expected "salary" and will only accept an integer in order to submit the application (having no idea about clinic volume, production, case mix, payor mix, etc)?

Are these the ones that require you to enter an expected "salary" and will only accept an integer in order to submit the application (having no idea about clinic volume, production, case mix, payor mix, etc)?

I don't know about any of that. The RO Chief is my friend. Two friends of mine recently joined. It's going to be good program. Good pay ...

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
is it 4 or 5 day work week

Good. Glad you are asking that question.

ALL rad oncs should be aggressively pushing for 4 day work weeks when interviewing for hospital jobs. With the changes in supervision requirements there is NO reason to force a rad onc to come in 5 days a week if the work can be done in less, and if you can't run your ship such that everyone believes that doing so is safe, that's on you.

Of course, this would be easier to accomplish if residencies weren't pumping out 200 new grads a year who would probably be willing to show up early on Saturdays without additional pay and coffee and donuts in hand to get a job in a big city.

Reactions: 6 users
Europe has it figured out. 6 weeks of PTO is the bare minimum by law and 4 day weeks are common. Extended vacations are normal and maternity and even paternity leave lasts for many months. Here, you get grief for leaving for more than a few days.

Making someone be physically present without anything to do does not make for happy "employees"
Unless coming in and watching youtube and occasionally writing a DEI opinion piece disguised as original research to satisfy academic productivity requests makes you happy, I suppose.

Reactions: 7 users
I'm not a radonc but curious to know what the job market will look like down the lane since a close cousin of mine will be graduating next year and is interested in radonc. Reading the radonc section on SDN, it seems like pumping out more grads each year will only make it harder to get a job, let alone desirable ones

This MSI video further makes it seem not so lucrative. Also, can anyone shed light on what the median comp and work-life balance looks like? MGMA data is around 550k median. How did this change over the past decade given the challenging job market and do you guys expect it to further go down?

Some (i.e. those with a vested interest in oversupply) will say "no one knows" or "the future is bright" or "you just need to network more."

The rest of us think that is, frankly, a load of BS.

It's a great job, but that doesn't really matter if you can't find a position you like.

Reactions: 2 users
I think we should take all the job market discussion from here and move it elsewhere, so the job posting guys get their own thread

Reactions: 4 users