USMLE CCScases

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OGY

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
USMLE makes us to play this game called "CCS". Probably a good idea but execution is poor. I would say "in development". It would be fun if they provided detailed instructions for this game. Unfortunately, I need to guess in many instances. Probably not a big deal but anyway.
I am going through CCScases app. They developed some imitation of the scoring system but I think it is far away from perfect (but gives a nice perspectives, maybe falsely reassuring in some cases), unfortunately they are not interested in a discussion of some small issues like this:

A guy with incontinence after a tree fall. They penalized me for a Foley or a condom catheter (both invasive). Should the guy pee his pants in ED? I order X-ray, CBC, after Cr came normal, ordered CT w contrast and I got penalized for not ordering CT right away. Is it right? Should I go with MRI? but it takes longer...

Case similar to FA76, 62yo woman, with vaginal bleeding and poor-dif. endometrial CA. I got Bx. I consulted Onc/Gyn/Rad. All said OK. After all I was penalized for ordering laparoscopic hysterectomy (invasive)...???
Will PT/PTT and PT/INR give the same result? Do I need to order both? I cheked in FRED PT/PTT has all info from PT/INR + PTT... but CCScases app penalizes for just PT/PTT along...???

I would appreciate your comments. Please, reassure if my comments are correct.

Thanks

TO BE CONTINUED...

I have a version CCS_Cases_PC_3_2_3 (4/15/2018). Facebook page was launched June 28, 2017, so it is about a year and still...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: