CCS surgery consult question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adbunnybabybay

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am freaking out and had a quick question. Finished day 2 today. On some of my cases, for example, say it was a acute choly. i got the imaging, confirmed the dx on imaging and then consulted surg. they would say "pt is scheduled for surgery cont medical management." but now im realizing I never put in a seperate order for "lap choly" for example. I just assumed that was implied w the surgery consultant's confirmation of need for surgery but I am now freaking out did I mess this up massively and have to be explicit after surgeyr consult confirms the need for surgery as to what i need. sometimes the case would end soon after and now im wondering if I lost points there...

any feedback would be apprecaited

Members don't see this ad.

The lap chole is necessary so you did lose pointsbut if you did your work up and NPO etc, I wouldn’t worry too much. It’s only one aspect of the case

The software gives option to put in surgery order itself, there may be very very small score for it but most scoring is given to meeting the "criteria" for surgery. Looks like you have ordered the work up and made sure the patient met the criteria. So you got the acceptance message "patient will be scheduled for surgery". This a good message and indicates you did well