CCS Cases

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AG MD

Reaction score
Hello friends! I had a few questions about the CCS portion of the exam:

So, when we have someone in the ED and we do the work up and figure out what they have and treat them or do surgery when should we move them to the ICU or ward? Right after we give them the treatment/surgery or when we know they are doing better via interval hx and/or nurses notes?

Atrial Fib: if someone comes to the office talking about dizziness, lightheadedness occasionally would you admit them and hook them up to a telemetry machine or would you manage it outpatient? I’m looking at a couple different sources and I’m not sure which is right. I personally think admitting them is a more reasonable approach, so the patient doesn’t pass out at home…

For Myocardial infarction---if it’s STEMI then you do meds and cardiac cath and cardiac consult stat. If it’s NSTEMI do you just give the meds and only cath if they don’t get better with meds? Unstable angina you give the meds and schedule a cath later on? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.