CCM only Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tom and Jerry

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I need some advise regarding CCM Fellowship. I am planning to apply for CCM Fellowship next year. I’m currently doing Nephrology Fellowship (PGY4). I applied for PCCM last year but it didn’t work out so I decided to pursue Nephrology with a hope to do Nephro-crit. My question is; considering that there is only 55 CCM program only, including 2 year programs, how are the chances to get a position without any connection at all? I really need this answer! Because where I’m now it seems without connection there is no way of getting into a position of CCM Fellowship.
FYI: I’m in NY, and for CCM I plan to do it outside of NY. I would really appreciate if someone has any information about it.
also how are my chances to get a position considering Nephrology background!

Members don't see this ad.

There is no data available to guide you. But anecdotally speaking, it’s competitive. There are fewer 1 year spots than 2 year spots.

Apply broadly and hope for the best. If you can get a spot at your current institution, that will be your best option.

There is no data available to guide you. But anecdotally speaking, it’s competitive. There are fewer 1 year spots than 2 year spots.

Apply broadly and hope for the best. If you can get a spot at your current institution, that will be your best option.
Hey thanks so much for the input! Really appreciate! Do you know if doing an elective would help or not? Also the question is can I do an elective as a Fellow??