CC Fellowship and Masters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dizzfire

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey do you know guys other than U of Pitt and Penn State if other Critical Care Fellowship programs offer Masters Degrees while in Fellowship? And I mean for non Pulmonary and non Anesthesia program. I would like to go into it through EM. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What type of Master's? What do you want to use it for? I'm an academic EM Attg with a master's. I would recommend you do the residency you'd enjoy practicing the most, even if you didn't do the fellowship. If that's EM, do a 3 yr residency, ideally at a place that'll take you into a 2yr CC fellowship, preferably at a place that's had some EM grads in the CC fellowship in the past (unless you wanna move again). Do you want to practice EM, be an intensivist, or both?

What type of Master's? What do you want to use it for? I'm an academic EM Attg with a master's. I would recommend you do the residency you'd enjoy practicing the most, even if you didn't do the fellowship. If that's EM, do a 3 yr residency, ideally at a place that'll take you into a 2yr CC fellowship, preferably at a place that's had some EM grads in the CC fellowship in the past (unless you wanna move again). Do you want to practice EM, be an intensivist, or both?
Both. I would like to do a 3 yr residency in EM with a 2 yr fellowship in CC and then split my time between EM and CC as an attending. I would like the master's because I imagine at one point I will get burned out with EM/CC and would like to move into a administrative position in the hospital and I believe a Masters would help me with that. I know that Penn state and U of Pitt both offer a Masters in Public Health in the last year of CC fellowship.