cbt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mamadent

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi i was just wondering if anyone is taking the cbt b4 july and wat r the adv of cbt over the paper based.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by mamadent
hi i was just wondering if anyone is taking the cbt b4 july and wat r the adv of cbt over the paper based.

I'm sorry, is this English? It does has a slight resemblance.....

Members don't see this ad :)
i am sorry too meggs that you could not follow.let me make it simpler for you.b4-before
cbt-computer based test
adv-advantages.hope u got it now.

Hi mamadent,
I guess ur Qs is for part-1.....whatever it is personally I prefer CBT 'cos the main thing is we can get results faster('might' be around 2 wks) than paper based('might' be around 1 mon) n it reduces that 'result waiting stress' for a highly tensed person like me:D !!!
With part-1 being computerised we can take the test on any date thro' out the year instead of waiting only for either July or Dec...i.e in short scheduling the test dates becomes more flexible with this!!!I guess the "CBT over paperbased" topic for part-2 might 've been discussed before.....might be u can do a search on that in the forum.....then u may come up with more answers!Goodluck mamadent.......:)

Hi guys,
So, is it true i can take cbt part 1 any dates through out the year, and i do not have to wait july or december 2004?
And what about the two photo's ID you have to show at the test date. Because I will not have SSN in july, so no state id, no american driving license or other american documents.
Any advice will be welcome. Thanks.

these are the IDs i took for the test as an international student writing the NDBE part1 and were accepted

Passport ( a must for international students )
Credit card with photo
Driver's license with photo on it ( whichever the country )

i hope this answers your question

lasjy

Hi narcissus,
I had taken the exam at Alabama,and although I had more ID's they just looked at the passport(thats the most imp).Just be cool and calm for the exam.The environment is pretty relaxed.we could come out of the examination hall as and when we pleased,the students (other than me)had their books along with them(though they didn't open it) and all edibles along..
I was really surprised by all this 'coz its very different than what I have faced in India.
Take care:)

Originally posted by pinktooth
Hi narcissus,
I had taken the exam at Alabama,and although I had more ID's they just looked at the passport(thats the most imp).Just be cool
I was really surprised by all this 'coz its very different than what I have faced in India.
Take care:)

Hi,
did u get ur result for part two.
all the best

HI Krissh,
I was referring to my Part I experience I am sorry if I mislead anyone.
Take care

Thanks a lot to all,
So, if I have my passport and my driving license from my country is OK. I also have one more question.I am outside US and I want to register for part 1 for july 2004. I wrote to Joint Commision for application form and Candidate's Guide for part 1, 6 weeks ago, but no answer. I can not register on line cause i don't have credit card. Do you know their fax number or email? I want to ask them again for application form. The phone no (312)423-0782 is busy all the time. Thank you.

hey u can call ada at their toll free no tht is 1-800-232-1694 and talk to the operaror to send u the application and guide. nobody at the aa will reply to e-mails snail mails call them tell ur address and in two weeks u will get the application

Originally posted by narcissus
Thanks a lot to all,
So, if I have my passport and my driving license from my country is OK. I also have one more question.I am outside US and I want to register for part 1 for july 2004. I wrote to Joint Commision for application form and Candidate's Guide for part 1, 6 weeks ago, but no answer. I can not register on line cause i don't have credit card. Do you know their fax number or email? I want to ask them again for application form. The phone no (312)423-0782 is busy all the time. Thank you.
Hi Narcissus,
you don't need a credit card because the application and the brosure for NDBE are delievered free,atleast within the mainland USA.If they don't deliver outside US ,you could ask them to send it to someone in the US who could then post it to you.
Try dialing the numbers 1-800-621-8099 extension 2678 and it will dirctly connect you to the operator for requesting the NDBE forms.
Hope this helps,take care